EGL

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I know there are a few folks on here work are contracted to EGL. I was just wondering if you could tell us what is happening since the Ceva Logistics takeover. I know of a couple stations where people showed up this last Monday 6/18/07 only to find that the locks had been changed and they had no job. It is Thursday now and I have seen two EGL trucks outside of Orlando today as well as a SCG T/T. What's the word?

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

targuard86

Expert Expediter
What stations were closed and do you actually know they were closed or did you hear from someone that heard from someone that went by an EGL station and their were not trucks in the lot.............

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Actually, I heard that when I was in Tampa last week from two different people down the street from EGL (one was Freight Force). Evidently, a couple owner-ops had already been in looking for work. Everything may be all fine and dandy by now, but there was obviously some sort of hiccup and I wanted to know what really went down.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
OOOOOOO, h. This'll be jucy b'for it's over, I s'pose.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
BTW, this was NOT started in order to create some drama. I know that the EGL buyout affects some folks on here, and I am just wondering what and how soon. ?????

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

targuard86

Expert Expediter
Things could change tomorrow but we are wide open at EGL / GSP. We lost the JC Penny's account (At our station at least) but other than that we are doing very good. The Penny's account was all home delivery of things like large furniture so we're all glad to see it go.

I had a truck deliver to the EGL Tampa office the middle of last week and I assume that if the doors would have been locked he would have let me know............

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Hey Tar,

That's good to hear. I had gotten a PM from someone else that things were going well. I'm hoping to hear from others as well.

EGL is a big player in freight forwarding and right now there are a few big changes happening in that industry. BAX got bought out by a German company and is becoming part of Schenker. Such is life.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
so far havn't notice any changes were alive and well in norfolk va
were all hoping that it will make us bigger and better
they were saying it would be 3 to 6 months before we would see any change in way things would be done
and they would look to see how and what would be changed if any change would be made

my though are takes along time toget two different ways of doing things to coming to garther as one, so have to wait and see
they as always keep mushrooms in the dark