East Coast Expediting ??

Tuckster

Seasoned Expediter
Seems the hot areas are Oh/Mi and surrounding area. Just wondering are there any hot spots on the east coast and if so, which companies have more east coast business ??

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Seems the hot areas are Oh/Mi and surrounding area. Just wondering are there any hot spots on the east coast and if so, which companies have more east coast business ??

FECC has lots of east coast business. From Portland Me. south to Norfolk Va. A little spotty south of there.

Tuckster

Seasoned Expediter
Are there any companies like FECC that do more in the southeast ?? I know Fl is dead but I thought N & S Carolina were suppose to be hot areas ??? I don't care where I go, but would like to run the east coast approx. 50 % of the time if possible. I've heard with Panther it seems like the midwest is by far the hottest areas ???? Maybe I just need to give it more time and better edumacate myself.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Tuck said: Maybe I just need to give it more time and better edumacate myself.

Finally someone understands!

Tuckster

Seasoned Expediter
But it helps to have others share their experiences so we don't have to learn the hard way.

are12

Expert Expediter
When we were with Panther, we never had a problem getting out of NE PA, it was getting back home that was the problem.:p:p

Seriously, from what I have heard from other Panther drivers, they never had a problem getting loads in and out of the East Coast.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
When we were with Panther, we never had a problem getting out of NE PA, it was getting back home that was the problem.:p:p

Seriously, from what I have heard from other Panther drivers, they never had a problem getting loads in and out of the East Coast.

In 3 years i have had 1 load out of NE when i go i know i will have to backhaul out or dh out if all there is is cheap freight. I will dh before i pull for fuel

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I think the states you mention are doable for most expedite companies. I am curious, though. Is there a particular reason why east and southeast states are important to you? What are you hoping to accomplish by focusing on those states?

Last edited:

Tuckster

Seasoned Expediter
Not focusing strictly on the east coast just asking if some companies are heavier in that area than others. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'll run anywhere but I live on the east coast so I would obviously like to run that area as much as possible. Its hard to see what companies have the most loads in this area so I decided to "ask around" EO and I'm getting good info. Keep it coming.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Can't say we have had any problem in or out of the east coast unless it is northern Maine.