Eagle Pass Texas

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Okay, got my first load to Eagle Pass delivering on Monday Morning and will arrive sometime Sunday... Can anyone recommend a good place to stay until Monday or a decent motel that wont cost an arm and leg??? Let me know your thoughts??? Thanks in advance...

Monty

Expert Expediter
Stripes has a new place on the south side of Eagle Pass ...... it's a "fuel" stop. I stayed there once.

A word of caution .... set your phone to ONLY pick up US service, or you may be slapped with a charge for the Mexican cell service. Been there, done that ... argued with Verizon over the charges.

You will be so close to the border the phone, or air card, will connect to the strongest signal, which isn't US.

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stripes has a new place on the south side of Eagle Pass ...... it's a "fuel" stop. I stayed there once.

A word of caution .... set your phone to ONLY pick up US service, or you may be slapped with a charge for the Mexican cell service. Been there, done that ... argued with Verizon over the charges.

You will be so close to the border the phone, or air card, will connect to the strongest signal, which isn't US.
Thanks for the heads up...
go back down to Laredo, its not that far ......imho
Will be coming from Missouri with the load, didnt know if heading back up to San Antonio would be better or if there's even freight that comes out of Eagle Pass???

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the heads up...

Will be coming from Missouri with the load, didnt know if heading back up to San Antonio would be better or if there's even freight that comes out of Eagle Pass???
Yes to all 3 actually but Laredo has, by far, the most volume. A conversation with your carrier would be advisable.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
I caught a load out of Eagle Pass to Lansing, Michigan about 2 weeks ago. Picked up at Takata warehouse on Veterans Blvd. With the oil boomlet going on in the Eagle Ford Shale area of South Texas, there are no economically priced motel rooms to be found. Have you noticed the man-camps springing up along I-35 from San Antonio to Laredo? Rvs, 5th-wheel campers,etc... the oilfield workers need housing.

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
Stay in Eagle Pass at least for the day on Monday. Go to clclodging.com and get their check inn card. Saves money and it is a true 24 hour stay with hotels in the network, which is huge for people in our industry. Drive safe

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Stay in Eagle Pass at least for the day on Monday. Go to clclodging.com and get their check inn card. Saves money and it is a true 24 hour stay with hotels in the network, which is huge for people in our industry. Drive safe

Priceline.com is a better deal, and when we were using the CLC card NO ONE wanted to honor the 24 hour stay.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I used CLC cards quite a bit as a truck-hauler.
In 2004 I bought a supper liteweight day cab. I probably spent 300 nights in motels for under $12,000.
It has changed so dramactically the last few years I seldom use it. The Super 8 near the Pete dealer,Portage,In is actually cheaper without my CLC card.

MyroHa

Active Expediter
This page came up in my Google alerts so I thought I'd throw in. I don't know what you consider reasonable rates but I do know that rates in Eagle Pass are high on average. That being said, I have a motel on Main st called the Holly Inn. If you guys are interested, as long as its not on a Friday or a Saturday and I've got the rooms available, I'll give you guys a rate of $39 for a king. Let me know and I'll set up something official.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
This page came up in my Google alerts so I thought I'd throw in. I don't know what you consider reasonable rates but I do know that rates in Eagle Pass are high on average. That being said, I have a motel on Main st called the Holly Inn. If you guys are interested, as long as its not on a Friday or a Saturday and I've got the rooms available, I'll give you guys a rate of $39 for a king. Let me know and I'll set up something official.

Sounds good to me, man. There's a lot of us that run expedite loads to the border, or end up in, or going through, Eagle Pass.

How about an official EO (Expediters Online) discount, where anyone who mentions EO when calling to reserve or who walks in, gets the $39 during weeknights.

Maybe Lawrence, who runs this forum, can chime in as to whether that's cool to do or not.

Thanks for offering.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member

We have lot's of people in this trucking community who are that area. So that would be a good thing. Did you say you had truck parking available?

MyroHa

Active Expediter
I don't have truck parking per se, but I have I can usually accommodate a few cabs and we have room for one of two trucks with the trailer. We are pretty laid back and friendly here. There are a couple of truck stops coming into town on 57 where you can park a truck for about $5 a night. Its not always possible but we have been known to go pick people up when asked nicely.

Ill go ahead a make a note about the EO (Expediters Online) discount ;) and set it for Sunday - Thursday. If you get a blank stare, just stay Myro set it up.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Priceline.com is a better deal, and when we were using the CLC card NO ONE wanted to honor the 24 hour stay.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

Whenever the clerk balked at the 24 hr rule, I called CLC at the number on the card, and they always told me to stay the 24 hrs, and they billed me for one day. I like the 24 hr rule, and figure it's a fair tradeoff, as I don't eat breakfast. ;)

MyroHa: thanks for the offer - we appreciate a deal when we can get one.

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't have truck parking per se, but I have I can usually accommodate a few cabs and we have room for one of two trucks with the trailer. We are pretty laid back and friendly here. There are a couple of truck stops coming into town on 57 where you can park a truck for about $5 a night. Its not always possible but we have been known to go pick people up when asked nicely.

Ill go ahead a make a note about the EO (Expediters Online) discount ;) and set it for Sunday - Thursday. If you get a blank stare, just stay Myro set it up.

Myroha,
What would be our rate for Friday & Saturday as we sometimes have to spend the weekend waiting to unload on Monday???

Sent from my MB300 using EO Forums

MyroHa

Active Expediter
Ah. Well, weekends I can't really do anything about the price. The regular rate is $49 for a full size bed, and $53 for a king size. They are still pretty good rates for Eagle Pass though. Plus I make a pretty mean cup of coffee.

-- Your welcome, and you guys can call me Myro.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Ah. Well, weekends I can't really do anything about the price. The regular rate is $49 for a full size bed, and $53 for a king size. They are still pretty good rates for Eagle Pass though. Plus I make a pretty mean cup of coffee.

-- Your welcome, and you guys can call me Myro.

sounds good to me if I was still out there.