Driving with yourSpouse

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Have you ever noticed how perfectly compatible H/W teams become when they both drive a commercial vehicle. There is no way when a Male parks the truck that it is acceptable to the Female. The truck will need to be moved at least oncemaybe twice before the Female accepts the spot which was identical to the first spot.

Now no Male believes that a Female can drive a manual transmission , go up and down through the gears without clashing or wondering "What gear in I in". When a male has an accident or gets a ticket it is just in the normal range of events. However when the female does the same it is an event worthy of CNN.

When a Male hears and shrugs off a strange noise it is OK. Then when the drive shaft is laying on the highway the female shrugs and WILL ALWAYS say" Why didn't you do something about that noise.I certainly would have".

Not too long ago I heard a story that a H/W team split up to drive 2 trucks. I guess their company needed two units to cover a load. The female half was driving a rental unit and subsequently rear ended her Husband who was in the expedite unit. That must have been a serious case of road rage. Wonder if they are still together.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
too long ago I heard a story that a H/W team split up to drive 2 trucks. I guess their company needed two units to cover a load. The female half was driving a rental unit and subsequently rear ended her Husband who was in the expedite unit. That must have been a serious case of road rage. Wonder if they are still together.

Rich M
=================================================================
Now you have to wonder just how close to a cliff the expediter was.
It does make you wonder why they had two trucks. Using a rental truck and a regular expedite truck for the same load would be unusual.
Maybe they fired their owner?

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII

Pappy

Expert Expediter
Being southern born and bred and with the worlds most wonderful and most precious YANKEE wife---I wo'nt ever wonder or even think about commenting on this one!

Pappy :9 :9 :9 :9 :9

sixwheeler

Expert Expediter
Since my wife doesnt read this forum I can safely say this:
Everything you do, everything you say, is filed away for potential future use against you. In other words the old adage "Let bygones be bygones" in no way shape or form applies to the marriage relationship.
Anyway, thats been my experience with 2 wives and 24 years of combined matrimonial bliss.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Being southern born and bred and with the worlds most wonderful and most precious YANKEE wife---I wo'nt ever wonder or even think about commenting on this one!

It is hard to comment, but it had to look funny with both pointing the finger at each other.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
something that happen to a husband and wife team that i know they stop for fuel and wife got out and didn't tell husband that she was getting out of the truck he paid for fuel drove off and though his wife was still in sleeper, as she was in door watching him drive off
a trooper ask what happen my husband drove off and left me, trooper said which way are you heading north on 95, well let's stop him at the scale house , so trooper put her in car head north with light's going and pass him on the way pull into scale house and wait for him to pull on scale and they tell him to bring in his log book and have your other driver bring in log book to and what a surprize on his face when he look and no wife in the sleeper
walks into scale house and who is standing in door but wife
they said we don't need see your logbook because you are in trouble
and don't want to hear about it have a great day
and he has paid dearly ever sents and that was 10 year's ago

mvbn1

Expert Expediter
I've tried and tried to get my wife to go with me, but she'd have nothing to do with it. I'm not sure if it has to do with being gonefor a week at a time, or the fact that I told her she would be straped to the hood.

Pappy

Expert Expediter
Geeeee Mike!
From years of traveling and paying particular attention to people in different geographical locations--Most of the women in the Buckeye use a little dab of eye makeup and wear those little earrings that dangle--and I would certainly say that the majority of them qualify to ride in the passenger seat of my truck!
Ohio has already lost one gorgeous and fantastic lady to the south--MY WIFE.
Because the women up there have to ride strapped to the hood---MY question now is Will other women in the Buckeye follow my wife

In the meantime, at least buy your wife some thermal underwear---HOODS can get cold there in the winter!
Have a great Christmas
Pappy
34 years T/T:9 :9 :9

sixwheeler

Expert Expediter
Seriously, there really is no absolute reason to tie one's wife to the hood....for one thing your vision could be obstructed while driving.

Might I suggest the ICC bumper and an ample supply of bungee cords to be more appropriate?

mvbn1

Expert Expediter
I can live with limited vision. She creates enough of a change in the airflow, that I don't need a bug shield!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Could be scary putting someone on the suicide bar if it is about to be hit by the co-driver in a rental truck.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been watching this thread with interest. Can someone volunteer their ex-wife to be a bug shield?

sixwheeler

Expert Expediter
You can have my ex, but not for bug shielding.
She d be much better suited to traction duty w/ the crazed co-driver in hot pursuit.

Pappy

Expert Expediter
For some reason I got a feeling that if some wives read this the title could be changed to"Driving To Pay Alimony To Your Spouse"
Pappy
34 years T/T:7 :7 :7

miko

Expert Expediter
I don't know what the problem is guys, my wife came along one week over another, and we had a great time. In winter we would snuggle up against each other in the bunk so we don't freeze to death, and in the summer we would argue who is closer to the a/c!
When she would come along, we would have the most quality time ever, and when she stayed home doing the paper work, we would miss each other terribly. Now I am local and she can not come along anymore, we both miss the times. And, there was never a need to strap her on the hood, maybe abandon her on the curb...LOL

miko