Driving solo straight truck for fleet owner

zorry

Veteran Expediter
We do a lot of 500-800 milers overnight. Since my darling wife drives the first 500-600 the joke is she often wakes me with "We have 100 miles left. Ya got it in ya ?"
In the 90's I left Roadway, making $72,000 a year with killer benefits, because I couldn't sleep in the sleeper.
I've been in 3 different expeditor trucks and sleeping had not been an issue.

EasyDoesIt

Active Expediter
Well I'm back driving T/T again. I started last week doing linehaul out of Bensenville, IL. Already looking for another job. The new HOS is going to kill this job since I usally start between 9PM and midnght.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Well I'm back driving T/T again. I started last week doing linehaul out of Bensenville, IL. Already looking for another job. The new HOS is going to kill this job since I usally start between 9PM and midnght.

FedEx? I delivered to the bensenville FedEx last week.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Mr. Mueller, in post #9 you say $14,000 gross for thirty days. Would you mind posting how many paid miles\dead head were in the thirty days quoted. The reason I ask is I keep vacillating between a good used Straight & a Ford cargomaxx.
thanks

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Bill;

Per Scott, the trucks are averaging just over 20% (20.29%) deadhead for 90 day average. Many of those deadhead miles were paid.

Thanks,