Driver's facilities

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I've only had the opportunity to use the shower once since I got back in a truck. I've been in the lounge twice. I was impressed by the comfort of the lounge and the functional way the shower was designed. It's nicer than those in most homes.

Unfortunately, there are always people, regardless of gender, that don't respect other people's property and ruin it for everyone. Makes you wonder what their trucks look like.

Most of my showers are taken at a truck stop. For the most part, they are clean and after I am finished, I wipe the counter down and hang up the towel and washcloth on the hooks. I always leave a tip to let the person doing the cleaning know that their work was appreciated by at least one person.

Since Taylor is a second home, I will have no problem pointing out to any slobs I come across to clean up their mess.

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think the no pet sign is an easy fix. I also like the idea of the sign up in the drivers lounge under the camera. I don't think a lot of people realize that the camera is even up there.

Is that a 2 way mirror in the shower room...in case it is keep in mind I take real cold showers...lol..

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've never used anything except the 'library' [which I love! I trade books every time I'm there], but I'd be hesitant [all joking aside] to confront someone who left a mess - people often get defensive when confronted, and attack rather than admit and/or apologize. Especially when the accuser [for lack of a better word] is a woman and the perpetrator [the perfect word!] is a man - it's just human nature, I think.
I'd be willing to point to any signs they might have overlooked, but that's probably as far as I'd go.
In person, I probably couldn't intimidate a rabbit, lol.:eek:

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
Haven't really spent alot of time in the lounge until this past weekend. It is nice, and it is comfy, but i did not see any messes that were noteworthy...the shower on the other hand does take a bit of abuse.
As for the pet...well my wee doggie is always in my ride or at the end of a leash as i do know they have accidents and in someone elses home it is not respectful.
But you know, the simple fact is that some just do not care what others think, no matter where you go or what you do.

guido4475

Not a Member
You know, it would be nice, if some of us could also chip in while at wal-Mart and buy the needed things for the lounge.Several times I have bought Plates, soap, plasticware, Utensils etc, to name a few items,so it is easier for us to warm up food, and end up bringing less from the van upstairs...just a thought..Maybe a toaster, toaster oven would be a nice addition? small fridge? Am I going too far with this? On a weekend, I will usually put food for the day in the dispatch fridge until I need it.Garbage bags in the cupboard would be nice, so when the trash can gets filled up on a weekend, we can empty it out before it gets to overflowing, attracting flies and bugs.These are items we should be supplying, not John.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
i know we totally agree. we always clean the shower or atleast the two times we have used it. my pet peave it is the left over soap ends, cmon folks throw them away. next time we are there we are going to leave a bottle of everyday shower cleaner there for all to use. you know the kind you spray after you are done and leave it.
as far as the lounge goes it could use picking up at times, we have seen it left messy. personally i dont have a problem with laying down , napping, lounging or what ever, just be respectable when others come in and share the facilities. yes take care so its not taken away.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Re: Driver's facilities for JOHN

JOHN
please please i will even buy it can we get a mop in the shower or the laundry area so after the shower can mop up the water on the floor or the talc powder left on the floor was in there last saturday & wow someone sure loves talc powder on the door floor walls shower stall at least they really must have smell niceeeeeeee not saying nothing here but WOW i like everyone i would think likes to leave it clean for the next person but you should have seem the talc powder a little sign use MOP OK now i am going to see your towel use it be easier with a mop
there use to be a mop there but it disappeared by the way i want to know what brand of talc it was dam it smell good
wombat

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
OK After reading more post here JOHN do not bother buying the mop i will get it as soon as i go past my next DG
you done all this for us & we should respest it as well so for the cost of a mop & bucket so everyone PLEASE after using shower please give the floor , walls, or anywhere your powder is laying a quick wipe over what takes a whole minute .

BUT I STILL WANT TO KNOW THE BRAND NAME ON THAT TALC POWDER DAM IT SMELL GOOD :) :)
WOMBAT