Driver's facilities

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Please remember that this is provided to us as a luxury. In the last few weeks we have noticed a growing trend of disrespect. The restrooms are littered with toilet paper. If you drop it pick it up. The shower rooms has hair and water everwhere. There are paper towels in which you can clean up after yourself and your towel does absorb water. The tv room has food crumbs on the tables and floor. Once again there are paper towels and water to clean the tables and a push sweeper in the corner. Clean up after yourself after being in the washbay. I know the major grease problem doesn't come from expediters but its begining to be annoying. Everytime after using it you have to look yourself over for grease. Seems lie everytime Nick uses it he ruins a pair of shorts.

Yes, John does have the facility cleaned for us but be respectful and clean up after yourself its REALLY not that hard to do. and on a final note Leave your dog in the truck, don't bring it into the lounge.

Load1 could be like other.companies that do not even provide these facilities for their drivers so respect it or risk losing it.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well said. +1. I rarely go up to the lounge as I see too many drivers uhh lounging ie spread out on the couch like Al Bundy on a Sunday afternoon. This ain't the Pilot people.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well said. +1. I rarely go up to the lounge as I see too many drivers uhh lounging ie spread out on the couch like Al Bundy on a Sunday afternoon. This ain't the Pilot people.

Can't stop laughing over this comment, so true :D Shhhhh I'm in the library :p

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Well said Jenny.

Unfortunately, I would guess that the ones that are responsible for the mess do not visit EO so they won't get the hint.

I would suggest that we come up with something to get the point across to those people.

Signs, tire knocker, electric shock? Something. John has put out enough expense for the lounge and shower. We should be able to cough up the funds to come up with way to keep everything clean.

As for the dog. I love dogs, but not in the lounge. Sign should be posted saying no pets allowed.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Buy some Simple Green to clean up the grease..it does wonders. And I can see Steve splurging for the NO dog sign..and a sign that says Clean up after yourself...

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Buy some Simple Green to clean up the grease..it does wonders. And I can see Steve splurging for the NO dog sign..and a sign that says Clean up after yourself...

The no dog sign is easy.

I'm thinking for the mess. "Make a mess? Clean it up or don't come back" But I guess a simple "Clean up after yourself" would suffice.

Or I could just stand in the corner with my tire knocker and a set of battery cables connected to a battery.:D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
The no dog sign is easy.

I'm thinking for the mess. "Make a mess? Clean it up or don't come back" But I guess a simple "Clean up after yourself" would suffice.

Or I could just stand in the corner with my tire knocker and a set of battery cables connected to a battery.:D

Maybe you could sweet talk one of the ladies in the office with a printer to make up a sign?:)

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Maybe you could sweet talk one of the ladies in the office with a printer to make up a sign?:)

HMMM... I'll have to dig into my bag of tricks and see if I still am in possession of that capability.:p I think Shirley locked that away and kept the key.

I may have to rebuild it from scratch.:eek:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Steve said what I think: the slobs aren't EO members- we are a classy bunch of truck drivers, we are. ;)
Posting signs can't hurt, but I think anyone self centered enough to leave a mess in such a nice place is not going to pay attention to the signs, either. It's going to be up to the classy folks to 'police' the facilities, as much as possible. Maybe one of the signs could say "Smile - you're on camera" ? Cause we know they act better when someone is watching....

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
How about

Trash won't be tolerated....in our breakroom or in our drivers.

and post it under the camera sign..*LOL*

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A simple 1 page reminder that the drivers lounge and shower/laundry areas are a privilege and not a right could work wonders. I'd post it at the entrance to each area and make sure each driver is given a copy (from dispatch?)
Oh, and have it signed by John of course :D

fortwayne

Not a Member
I'm not even going to comment on this matter.
It is sometimes better to keep personal matters within the walls of a company.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
So if you weren't going to comment, then why comment?

Jenny posted this up here to let the other drivers that are EO members be aware of things at the yard. Its a lot easyer to tell everyone at once than individually. This way a solution could be thought of quicker by everyone.

As far as not all drivers are EO members, that's correct, but trust me there are a lot that are just lurkers and never post on here.

Trust me i get tired of seeing some slob drivers treat the driver area like a Flying J. I have cleaned up after folks in the past, but now I bring it to their attention when they go to leave a huge mess behind. The sad part is this grown man acts like a little child, like he didn't create the mess. If you bring it to their attention, they will clean it up.

So let me say this, if you won't help in coming up with a solution, then why bother responding to this thread.

If we don't police and reslove problems ourselves, who will? Mr. Elliott and his staff have more important things to look after.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
"If you bring it to their attention, they will clean it up" - sure they will, when it's Nick they're lookin at. :eek: But I kind of think they might just look [down] at me and laugh.
[If you see someone trying to walk out with a mad little woman trying to drag him back in, you'll know why.] :D

fortwayne

Not a Member
The enemy.....hey just my two cents worth. Could have asked them to send out a notification over QC....just saying.
Yes John has better things to do and we have problem children.
That's why I don't even use the shower, TV room and laundry room anymore....makes me sick how a few abuse it and think its a hotel.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I think the no pet sign is an easy fix. I also like the idea of the sign up in the drivers lounge under the camera. I don't think a lot of people realize that the camera is even up there.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
So if you weren't going to comment, then why comment?

Jenny posted this up here to let the other drivers that are EO members be aware of things at the yard. Its a lot easyer to tell everyone at once than individually. This way a solution could be thought of quicker by everyone.

As far as not all drivers are EO members, that's correct, but trust me there are a lot that are just lurkers and never post on here.

Trust me i get tired of seeing some slob drivers treat the driver area like a Flying J. I have cleaned up after folks in the past, but now I bring it to their attention when they go to leave a huge mess behind. The sad part is this grown man acts like a little child, like he didn't create the mess. If you bring it to their attention, they will clean it up.

So let me say this, if you won't help in coming up with a solution, then why bother responding to this thread.

If we don't police and reslove problems ourselves, who will? Mr. Elliott and his staff have more important things to look after.

Well said Nick!!!!

I used the shower a few weeks back after a lady used it ( not sure who it was or where she hid after I got done ) but I was sickened by the mess she left in the WHOLE shower area. I made it a point to clean the whole area before I walked out. I would have been embarassed had someone walked in after me and saw that mess. To many people take the " I didnt do it, im not gonna clean it" approach.

Cmon team dont abuse it so we dont lose it!!!!!

rfields200

Seasoned Expediter
When someone abuses the facilities it maybe better to confront them face to face. If they have any scrupples at all they will be embarassed and will clean up their act. For example, one evening there was a driver using the sofa as his personal bed. Slobbering and snoring loudly while I was trying to watch TV. After a few swift kicks to the cushion where his head was, he got the message and decided to go count sheep elsewhere.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I can count the #f times i have been in the lounge on 1 hand, but the fact that people just can't be respectful of others and for what John has provided speaks volumes...While there is a camara up there, The sad fact is that this is (the posting here, signs and camaras) are even necessary...and i agree chances are it is not those that are active here on EO, but as Nick said, there are "lurkers"...and then there are those that aren't even expediters that aren't on here at all...

Do a better job people, and respect whats been provided for us....

Last edited:

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd like to add that a couple Saturdays ago the shower was used by 3 husband and wife teams in a row, and I can assure you was left in pristine condition. (and yes each husband was with each prospective wife...) :p