Dream Van

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I will keep an eye out for you. We will be at the EO show. If you can't make it we will run into you somewhere. Just look for our big red truck.....it is easy to spot.
Keep the ideas coming.....great truck!!!
Davekc

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would advise A team to employ the expertise of dieseldoctor prior to his truck purchase. Seldom can any changes be made once a truck is scheduled for production. If you are building a new house you can implement change orders for additional monies, however manufacturers will not change a production line for a customer.
With having vendors from all the manufacturers, consultants, and "high level engineers" as A team has claimed for his truck build, I am surprised this basic topic was not discussed.
A team says they came in from all over for his one truck build for free. I would hate to think one paid them something and they left out the above.
I would follow your own advise and hire dieseldoctor. (Great innovative work)
Have to get that vendor meeting started sometime!:)
Davekc

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
DD Just got home and enjoyed, with some envy, all the ideas you've got wrapped up in a small package. In anticipation of you being at the EXPO, I've taken my van out of the competition for any of the many prizes available. You'll probably win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Looks to me like you'd scale with full tank and a co-driver at about 7500#. Have you scaled as pictured? what's the result?

Congratulations on setting a new standard for the B unit!

Jack Jackson

Expert Expediter
Straps for Bunk

Totally excellent vehicle! You might be able to use a bunk seat belt from a trashed big truck sleeper. That would give you a set of belts with a net between them. I'm glad I'm not entering a van at the expo this year. Please bring your truck so we can all drool in person.

dieseldoctor

Expert Expediter
Terry Man You are good. I scaled 7600 on certified scales. Little heavier than I anticipated but oh well. Hope to make it to expo next week.I haven't registered for the contest because I might not be able to make it. By the way I adjusted the height on the air bags a little and found a better ride. Now I am running about 50 PSI down the road. DD

dieseldoctor

Expert Expediter
RE: Straps for Bunk

Jack Thanks for the hint on the big truck bunk restraints.Thats what I like about this forum. Everybody has good ideas. I will contact my salvage yard man and see what I can come up with. Hope to see you at expo. DD

neverlate

Expert Expediter
DD , Just wanted to tell everyone what a fantastic van you have and I appreciate you giving me a tour of it. I've seen a lot of vans in the years I've been out here but yours beats them all. Thanks!

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Hi Dieseldoctor. Looking at your van pics. Looks GREAT. How wide are your floor boards, from the wheel well to the edge of the
e track? How far apart are the floor e tracks? Thanks, :+ :+

raceman

Veteran Expediter
I am with everyone else it is cool as can be. I am also impressed with your thoughts and ideas. If I were you, I would set up shop and customize. Now I don't run vans so this is going to sound like a very stupid question. How much do you haul in there? raceman

dieseldoctor

Expert Expediter
Theoldprof and Raceman,
Sorry so long getting back to you guys but have been so busy hauling frieght and working at home that I haven't been on here much.

Prof the e track is spaced 24" center to center and is 14" from the wheel well to center of e track.

Raceman my load space is 105" long, 48" wide and 55" high.
To stay under 10,000 lbs gross I can haul 2400 lbs.

Thanks for all the kind words! Dieseldoctor

PS follow up on air bags. I finally settled on adjusting the height valves to have 20 PSI in each air bag when empty. This seems to give the best ride and also about 2500 lbs of load puts them right at the max pressure of 100 PSI. Love the ride and also when loaded heavy I don't get everybody I meet flashing their lights at me because my headlights are possum hunting. lol