Dream Truck

Kevin_Sue

Seasoned Expediter
Hi All

Just for fun if you could drive any truck you wanted for expediting and cost was not an option what would it be.

Kevin_Sue

Seasoned Expediter
yes your truck is definitly a dream truck. A home away from home. Reading your sight you put a lot of thought into it and it shows. Another truck I thought would be great is a 388 Peterbilt "c" unit. But I hear they are rough riders. KW 660 also sharp. I do not think either truck could have as nice a sleeper as yours though due to front end.

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
Long nose Pete with a sleeper the size of ATeams, shower, reefer etc. etc.. I know it would take a forty acre field to turn it around but nothing looks any better. Oh yeah and all just for my solo enjoyment!

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is a easy one . a fully loaded brinks truck with a tandem axle.tandem axle would give me more pay load.no pun intended. this would also be my last load.it is fun to dream

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Seriously,

My dream truck would be one that makes me money. I am actually satified with my truck and all it's little problems because my cost is on te low end of the spectrum.

But I am waiting for a truck to come up for auction at the end of the year, another Argosy. If the trucking Gods are kind to me, I will be able to bid on it and get it. I want to build another C unit, compact and easy to drive.

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
The one we drive...

Kenworth T-800 out front, 12' box at the rear, with the remaining space in the middle consumed by a custom Bentz sleeper. We are very comfortable when on the road. Well, there is one thing missing... a fireplace. :+

But remember, someone else's "dream" truck may not be the vehicle for you. Despite our relatively young ages we have been at this for a long time and have solid backing in terms of finances, business & technical support.

And we didn't start out with this custom truck, we started out operating Kenworth T-800 tractors pulling super-b train pot belly chip trailers... where the living space was significantly smaller. The whole rig would often tip the scales at 140,000 lbs loaded.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Kenworth T-800 out front, 12' box at the rear, with the remaining space in the middle consumed by a custom Bentz sleeper. We are very comfortable when on the road. Well, there is one thing missing... a fireplace.
==================================================
Sounds like you guys have the right idea, and a nice truck. I never quite understood the concept of living in the truck and not having a home. Like you guys, I would have to have both.

The best dream truck is the EO Speedco truck that Rich is driving.
Nothings better than a won truck with no payments.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Dave is correct,the best truck is a paid for truck. I ran a 1996 FL 70 with a 60 inch(thats right) double bunk sleeper and it was adequate. In 1996 the truck cost $55,000 and my payment was minimal and when I paid it off,the profit went directly into the bank. Large cars with bells and whistles are nice but bucks in the bank are nicer.

I think what has happened in this industry is that rates to the truck have risen slightly but truck costs have risen significantly.

You have to do what is most important to you and your future. Do you want property that increases in value every year or do you want a depreciating investment albeit with more comfort over a basic truck.
Comfort and anemities are nice but at what cost to your future. Think about it.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
A PAID FOR TRUCK. This has been discussed before, have what you wish for and might come true, being able to pay for the pleasure of what you wish for NOW THATS ANOTHER STORY.

I have no rich realtives so I have to do it on my own. On my own = debt free. Thats my WISH for under the Christmas Tree.....

gojack

Expert Expediter
I have never understood the fixation on straight trucks on this site...
why not a nice tractor trailer?

I see no economic advantage to an Ateam style truck and lots and lots of disadvantages.

Is it getting the CDL?