Dream truck setup

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
What's your dream setup if budget and fuel cost weren't an issue? As many details as you wanna give let em rip

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah that would be awesome. If you did that tho how would they really know? You'd just be a person in a rv pulling a trailer, we all see it all the time
You have no idea how often they're pulled over for a routine search...

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
On topic my dream ride would be either a 389 or W900 with the massive custom sleeper with a shower and bathroom. A 625hp cat and in a dream world an automatic transmission . MPG be dammed because I'd be high fluentin lol

Reactions: scottm4211

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'd want this. Freight would go there instead of the car. :D

73fb3edb4bd0d93444e5cf763da1003f.jpg

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1458696973.818665.jpgthis is sitting at a Pete dealer in Glasgow Kentucky. I don't really like the 389's that much unless they have that epically huge sleeper but this color just does it for me. . Too bad it's $161k plus I assume taxes and lots of other expensive stuff I don't know abiut

Reactions: SweetT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
After three years in fleet-owner trucks, and a lot of thought into the design, we built our dream expediter truck (CR unit) and it turned out to be a winner in all respects (comfort, payload, etc.). Several years and 600,000 miles later, had we built another truck, it would have been nearly identical to this one. It truly was our dream truck. The quality components, roomy sleeper, nice kitchen and shower/bathroom made life on the road so much easier than it otherwise would have been.

Practical limitations affect any truck, of course. The big-sleeper/small box trade-off we made eliminated our ability to accept D loads. The law prohibits it, but it would have been the best of all worlds if we could have had both a big sleeper and a D-size box. That's the thing with building any kind of truck. It is an exercise in trade-offs.

Attachments

• IMG_0203.JPG
    IMG_0203.JPG
    671.9 KB · Views: 68

Dallen323

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
After three years in fleet-owner trucks, and a lot of thought into the design, we built our dream expediter truck (CR unit) and it turned out to be a winner in all respects (comfort, payload, etc.). Several years and 600,000 miles later, had we built another truck, it would have been nearly identical to this one. It truly was our dream truck. The quality components, roomy sleeper, nice kitchen and shower/bathroom made life on the road so much easier than it otherwise would have been.

Practical limitations affect any truck, of course. The big-sleeper/small box trade-off we made eliminated our ability to accept D loads. The law prohibits it, but it would have been the best of all worlds if we could have had both a big sleeper and a D-size box. That's the thing with building any kind of truck. It is an exercise in trade-offs.
If you could pit a day cab sized cabover in front,of,that with the sleeper seperate. You could gain about three feet to add to the,length of,the box

ATeam

Retired Expediter
If you could pit a day cab sized cabover in front,of,that with the sleeper seperate. You could gain about three feet to add to the,length of,the box

Very true. We considered it but chose against a day cab. That was one of the trade-off decisions made.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
that is one of reasons to go to expo and mid am both coming up soon
that way you will see what you want
also read all truck magazine you can get your hands on to see , plan your next unit

ATeam

Retired Expediter
One of the best things we did in researching the truck we built was ask every owner/operator we met, "If you were able to build your truck again, what would you do different and what would you do the same?" That question led to dozens of truck tours in which helpful expediters shared great ideas.

Reactions: scottm4211

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You have no idea how often they're pulled over for a routine search...

Per, US Supreme Court, searching a vehicle without probable cause is illegal. Just because you get stopped doesn't mean police have a right to search or even call in a canine unit. Court said they have to issue the ticket or release you in short order.