Dot physical

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
Does anyone know of any good companys that doesn't need a dot physical for cargo vans. I am hoping to pass mine at the end of the month and go back to Bolt but I need a contingency plan. Don't know if a new 4" surgery scar down the back of my neck going to give me trouble. Thanks :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Put on a turtle neck sweater...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
If you are physically good to drive you should have no issues. Nick had back surgery and has a nice big scar up his back, and no problems passing the physical. He went back to work two weeks after surgery after a follow up with the Dr.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
If you are physically good to drive you should have no issues. Nick had back surgery and has a nice big scar up his back, and no problems passing the physical. He went back to work two weeks after surgery after a follow up with the Dr.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

That's good to know. Thanks

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
ceva doesn't required one for vans drivers until 70 years old

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
I am surprised there are not more companies that don't require dot physical for cvs . Maybe it's the good company part. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Deville

Not a Member
Does anyone know of any good companys that doesn't need a dot physical for cargo vans. I am hoping to pass mine at the end of the month and go back to Bolt but I need a contingency plan. Don't know if a new 4" surgery scar down the back of my neck going to give me trouble. Thanks :)

If you are asked make up some wild story how you got the scar. Some crazy sexual experience with details that would make Hugh Heffner blush would get the person preforming the examination to quickly change the subject.

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
If you are asked make up some wild story how you got the scar. Some crazy sexual experience with details that would make Hugh Heffner blush would get the person preforming the examination to quickly change the subject.

That just might work. Lol:D

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One reason, as I understand it, that many companies require a DOT physical for van drivers has to do with insurance. The insurance company may require it.

Certain types of freight require DOT compliance, regardless of what you drive. Haz-mat that requires placards falls under this category. A carrier that hauls haz-mat may require you to have the DOT physical for this reason.

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
One reason, as I understand it, that many companies require a DOT physical for van drivers has to do with insurance. The insurance company may require it.

Certain types of freight require DOT compliance, regardless of what you drive. Haz-mat that requires placards falls under this category. A carrier that hauls haz-mat may require you to have the DOT physical for this reason.

I don't deal with hazmat anymore but I do think it's a insurance thing. I do know some drivers that work for places that don't require a dot physical. I was hoping I would get some input from them. But thank you for your input. I do the dot physical next week and see how it goes. :)

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
I know some of the top dogs of some of the bigger companies monitor EO Forums PTL, Load1,Bolt etc . I wonder if they could give the true reason for dot physicals for sprinter and cargo van drivers. I thank you for your support. :D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The issue is potential liability: in case of a lawsuit over an accident caused by [even partially], the carriers need to show that they did everything possible to ensure the drivers they use appeared to be a good risk.
CYA.

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
I know cya is always in force. Dot physicals are for larger vehicles 80000 lbs or over 12 passengers or other regulated vehicles. as the government ups the rules I wonder how many will be able to have enough drivers to run vans or sprinters. There are a lot of people who are healthy enough to do the job but can't pass dot. The one that comes to mind is that vision regs. They have glasses so they can drive but but because of the rules they can't drive dot. I been in business for 25+ years I see the need for dot physicals. I am glad they have gotten a little tougher. For the regulated folk. But for vans and sprinters. A letter from your primary care physician should do. What's next Rv's? All though I wonder sometimes.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Wrong dot physicals are for any vehicle over 10,000 lbs involved in interstate use! Go ahead tell the to the dot guy!

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
Wrong dot physicals are for any vehicle over 10,000 lbs involved in interstate use! Go ahead tell the to the dot guy!
No I do believe just for vehicles over 26000lbs where cdl is needed. If it is not a cdl required vehicle no dot physical needed.

Last edited:

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
I take my physical Monday. I pass great I don't I find a new career. Thats how life is. I mostly just wanted to know why most of the bigger companies make you have a dot physical. I know there's some that don't. It's a why thing. :)

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I take my physical Monday. I pass great I don't I find a new career. Thats how life is. I mostly just wanted to no why most of the bigger companies make you have a dot physical. I know there's some that don't. It's a why thing. :)

Good luck Monday...you almost have to be a gimp not to pass...
Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app