Doomsday Preppers

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Im waiting for someone to report me for a show taping..lol been accused for this for years .....lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
A man made EMP attack could have the same effect that a natural one would have. The event it self would kill no one. The lack of water and food likely will. Depending on the severity of the attack it could take a long time to get things up and running.

Gold would make a pretty good shotgun pellet in a pinch. At least then it would be worth something.

Gold may not be worth anything for the first couple of months after a Schumer-hits-the-fan event, but it will soon after, assuming humanity survives.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Gold may not be worth anything for the first couple of months after a Schumer-hits-the-fan event, but it will soon after, assuming humanity survives.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

I will take my chances with several thousand rounds, several thousand fish hooks and some traps. Can't eat gold.

I have all the .22LR I need. I am going to get a few more boxes of 30.06. I have enough for all my muzzle loaders. Hurting for shotgun shell. Have to really work on that. I would like to have 5000 or so.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
So here is the thing layout, you are over in San Diego, just waiting to unload and all hell breaks loose ... no phone ... hard to get fuel ... all of that. Will you have access to that ammo and weapons?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So here is the thing layout, you are over in San Diego, just waiting to unload and all hell breaks loose ... no phone ... hard to get fuel ... all of that. Will you have access to that ammo and weapons?

Unless it is a EMP type thing, man made or other wise, I think I will have enough time to get home before an Obama disaster hits the fan. It is IMPOSSIBLE to plan for every situation. I would rather have it than not. Besides, if they get 'goofy' with anti ammo laws/taxes, I have enough for a bit. Never know with the idiots in charge now. They believe that law abiding citizens cause the crime.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
If you want to think that, great but you may not get much closer to home than you think.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you want to think that, great but you may not get much closer to home than you think.

What ever. Do nothing, Just wait. OK. Sounds right. I may get killed by a tidal wave in MO next week or get run over by a rampaging guinia pig.

I can't 'what if' everything.

You do what you want, I do what I want. It's my money, I'll waste it how I want to waste it.

You can waste your's on a "Poindexter What If Machine" if you like.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Sorry layout but part of the problem you will face will be caused by talking about what you have. It has nothing to do with the "what if" machine but pretty much common sense. Those who prepare, seriously prepare don't talk about anything and you know why.

But ... No good with being in a mobile job when everything is somewhere else.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sorry layout but part of the problem you will face will be caused by talking about what you have. It has nothing to do with the "what if" machine but pretty much common sense. Those who prepare, seriously prepare don't talk about anything and you know why.

But ... No good with being in a mobile job when everything is somewhere else.

No one knows where what I have, or don't have, is. Don't assume you know anything. It would likely be wrong. I am not as dumb as our sub average president you know!

All you Detroit 'dudes' need is a couple of dozen XXL rat traps and you can eat for YEARS!! :p

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It does not matter what we think, talking about it in an open forum is where I was going.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It does not matter what we think, talking about it in an open forum is where I was going.

Well. this is NOT a closed forum, SO, I talk in this OPEN one. Not to worry, I am sure that all the "Obama stooges" know what we all have by now anyway. SNITCHES everywhere.

Got nothin else to do. Having a VERY hard time locating headlights for my truck.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I would not worry about Obama or what ever, it is the others I would worry about.

Having problems with what? Headlights lamps? Seriously? Just get some from any autoparts store, you don't have HID lights.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would not worry about Obama or what ever, it is the others I would worry about.

Having problems with what? Headlights lamps? Seriously? Just get some from any autoparts store, you don't have HID lights.

I have NEVER found my headlights in an auto parts store. Used to buy them on Amazon, they no longer have them. I can find high dollar stuff sometimes and did find them on Ryder fleet, of course I can't order them from there.

I have NO low beams left, put the last on in this morning. I only have two high beams left.

Low beam is 9006SX
High is 9005SX

No one carries the "SX" model.

Pakrat

Seasoned Expediter
The Benelli Super Nova 12gauge pump at Big 5 runs under $400.00 and makes a great home protection weapon. You can add an extension for 7 rounds and with a mix on 00 buck shot and slugs you can take care of your family in close quarters. Way too many choices in longer range weapons.

Dave Ramsey says instead of buying gold by lead. The people with the best weapons will own the gold.

Lastly, if you like the way the country is being run and the direction we are headed, you don't have to change what you are doing now. If you are worried and do not like where we are going, do what is best for you and your family. Don't worry if everyone thinks you are bat crazy, your responsibility is to take the best care of those you love. Maybe it's best to prepare what you can, a little at a time. Start with a garden in the back yard and can some veggies to make sure you like the experience.

Get some scrap drywall and go to the range. Try out slugs vs 00 vs birdshot. You might be surprised. My Moss 590 is loaded with birdshot. I don't want to kill my family three rooms over and birdshot will open a hole and let a lot more blood out. A lot more...