Dogs in trucks

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
greg, look for a silver m/2-112 freightliner w/blue fenders and tool boxes and we will introduce you to doc, our beagle, he is w/us most of the time. unless the daughter is feeling lonley at home then he is there for a couple of weeks. you are rite, faithful beagle. we rescued him about a year ago when our blonde cocker [butterscotch, butter for short] got sick and had to be put to sleep [sad day]. dogs in the trk are a huge responsibility and an incovenience, but they are the best thing in the truck, next to the wife. they make even the worst days better. im a little obsessive compulsive as i am told, so a dog in the trk. was always a no no for me but now that i let this mean beagle in there, i dont know how i got along w/out one for as long as i did. he is a bed hog and snores louder than i do, but i just give him a rub, smile and go back to sleep. wish i could put a pic of him on here, will have to try to get that done. he is one good lookin beagle. just cant see why the previous owners pulled up rolled down the window and said here take this f*****g dog we are don with him. some people just should not be pet owners.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
What I find is funny is the spouse gets a jab in the ribs to roll over and quit snoring and the dog gets a pat and a smile! When she even looks like she has been a good dog she gets a treat. First thing in the morning Molly is awoke by having someone give her a good rub. When she gets in bed for the night she is also given a good rub and if it is chilly she has a fleece blanket that is placed at the foot of the bed for her to snuggle around. If I remember I spread a blanket on the foot of the bed to keep Bob's toes warm but I never forget Molly and her fleece blanket. In the summer she also sleeps where the fan will blow across the top of her body. Yes we know she is spoiled, hence her registered name "Spoiled Molly"

Redbird Girl

Seasoned Expediter
When I 1st started driving my husband said no way and I told him I've had the dog longer than him and he could be replaced but not her.She loved it.She is gone now but trained a new little one before leaving us.And they do get out more often then every 20 hrs.,as a matter of fact I have found that when I would have typically sat in the truck, I now get out and walk around.Which makes me get more exerisze.You have to take them out, so it is a good reason to get out and about. But you do need to think about the breed requirements for room and exersize.
We did have our cat with but he got too big he now can look onto my kitchen counter to see what I'm doing,there ain't a sleeper big enough for his cat box and he is so spoiled it is powerscoop.

Redbird Girl-LIVESTRONG-LIVE LONG
http://groups.msn.com/RedBirdGirlSnowball/_whatsnew.msnw

Say what needs saying & Do what needs doing because you never know about tommorrow!

CindyLouWho

Seasoned Expediter
I can't imagine not having my dog with me. When my fiance' and I first started driving expedite last year, we were unable to have our dog with us. After a couple of months, we switched owner's and they allowed pets. So, needless to say, made a special trip home to pick up the pooch.
Harley is a 20 lb. minature schnauzer. He does not shed and absolutely loves being in the truck with us. He pitches a total fit when we leave. Some may think he's a good watch dog, but I think he just barks to get attention; he loves meeting new people and other doggies. He's a rotten mess, but I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

G

I bet if you asked all the backyard dogs and dogs that are left alone all day while their owners worked if they'd rather be with you all day,getting walked several times a day,sleeping with you and getting attention in between all that,thet'd all jump at the chance to be a truck dog
Eric&Tracia
TriState :7