Do straight truck have to keep a log book

southernbboi

Active Expediter
yes when i served they did have straight trucks other vehicles that do not use air its called non-pneumatic tires smart guy

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
not if they run gas engines,im still trying to find the sparkplugs in my new cummins

Back in 1984 I think it was when I was rebuilding DD's for the local transit authority, a prototype bus broke down while going through town. We were called to go get it. It wouldn't build air, so we had to tow it back.

We opened the rear hatch and there sat a transverse mounted inline Cummins 8 cylinder diesel engine with 16 spark plugs, 2 per cylinder. The head was enormous as was the coil pack mounted on the side of the block. The engineers with the bus wouldn't tell us anything about the engine or allow any pics of it.

They fixed the problem and left. Never heard anything more about the engine or what they were up to.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
First answer was sufficient. The rest were uncalled for. Nice way to welcome a new guy.

if you look further you will see that this poster bought a truck and got into the biz trying to book loads thru landstar a month ago. he is booking frt but doesn't know what is required of him.
he is not logging or scaling he is breaking laws and you expect the members here to be nice?

welcome new guy. read a lot when you are sitting and not bidding. you have set yourself a steep hill to climb by not researching first.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Not trying to be a smarta$$.
Is your trucks GVWR over 26,000 pounds?
Do you have a CDL B?
It seems if you passed the CDL exam you would know the answers to these questions.