Do not watch till Sunday, but.....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
re·li·gion
noun

1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Someday, that big book will be opened up, make sure your name is in it, there will most likely not be time for a , well God, I ugh, was ugh, busy Lord and I ugh was ugh talking, and I was ugh , I did give to the man ringing the bell in front of Dollar General at Christmas once......

Not to be nerdy, but we are all just one little heartbeat away from say Eternity. There has to be more then just our normal 77 years on the planet, a lot more,imho and from what I read in the Bible, it just makes sense, there has to be more then just lights out.... that burning thing doesn't sound good to me, how about you.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm not into religion or religiocity, Religion binds up but Jesus sets free.
And they said the will know we are Christians by our Knowledge of the Bible? No
By condemming our brother? No
By how much we give? No
By helping the poor?
By witnessing? Nope
By our love, They will know we are Christians by our LOVE:)

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I'm not into religion or religiocity, Religion binds up but Jesus sets free.
And they said the will know we are Christians by our Knowledge of the Bible? No
By condemming our brother? No
By how much we give? No
By helping the poor?
By witnessing? Nope
By our love, They will know we are Christians by our LOVE:)
Yes, and I love the truth, and I hate sin, which the Bible tells us to do, though I hate some sins less than others, unfortunately. Compromise on morals and doctrine is sin, and I hate it.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
As a side bar trip here:
Read this book, " Heaven is for Real", by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent, is a little boys astounding story of his trip to heaven and back. The small boy was about 4 years old at the time, it is a good story..............in my experience with small boys age 3 or 4 years of age, they don't lie,imho .... ( well most of the time they dont lie), lol, got 5 grandsons, send me some of your meds please.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As a side bar trip here:
Read this book, " Heaven is for Real", by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent, is a little boys astounding story of his trip to heaven and back. The small boy was about 4 years old at the time, it is a good story..............in my experience with small boys age 3 or 4 years of age, they don't lie,imho .... ( well most of the time they dont lie), lol, got 5 grandsons, send me some of your meds please.
I kinda wonder about the people who say they went to heaven and back only because Paul went and said it was unlawful for him to talk about what he's seen so why would it be lawful for someone else? Not sayin right or wrong just wondering.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I kinda wonder about the people who say they went to heaven and back only because Paul went and said it was unlawful for him to talk about what he's seen so why would it be lawful for someone else? Not sayin right or wrong just wondering.
I doubt the people who say they've been there & come back. But in case they're right, the difference might be timing. Prior to 70AD, heaven wasn't open yet. Nobody who had died had gone there yet. At 70AD, that changed. I think that's why.