Dissipearing Fleet

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Last year I saw one of the large carriers trucks at almost every layover. This year I am not seeing very many at all. I see more Tri-State, Allstate and especially Panther. Other drivers with the mentioned companies have also commented to me that they are noticing the same thing.

Did that many drivers go out of business or did they just switch companies.

blucolr

Expert Expediter
Broom, being with the "other major company" I can say that for us I've seen new customers and new area's of the country where we see very few other companies represented. It's been very good to us with minimal D/H, more predispatch offers and very little setting around unless you want to.
Mike

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Could be that there are just more trucks, period. Also, could be they're taking their wonderful 8 hour break. Needless to say, if things were slow, we'd be hearing it everyday on here. No one has posted about sitting with straight trucks lately, so I guess business is booming. Vans are a different story, however.

My bad... I've been posting about sitting!!! :7 But that's not about having no loads. I've bid, just didn't get the call.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
We recently had a member make the claim of making over $3.00 per ALL loaded miles with the "other" company. You would think they would have trucks all over the place.
This was in the (HOS concerns thread message 30). The claim was making over $30,000 on less than 10,000 miles.

Davekc

vernon946

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It does seem to come and go in spurts. Sometimes we go a week without seeing another FedEx CC truck, then we find one sitting in some out-of-the-way spot, just when we get to thinking we're the only expeditor within a hundred miles.

We have also been going to some new customers in places we had never been before, and surprisingly get loaded out there too.

Vernon in C2197