(DIAMOND DELIVERY)

garman351

Expert Expediter
Does anybody work for Diamont Delivery.

I talked to a recruiter the other day and it was confusing how he was trying to tell me how the loads will pay depending on a lot of criteria. And mixing in the fuel surcharge I was told a lot of runs for a straight truck with the combined miles & fuel S/C would run around $1.30 per mile. That does on sound that good to me at all.

I know a guy who hauls for Panther and he gets $1.21 per mile and fuel surcharges up to .25 cents per mile in that area.

But I was told they pay full deadhead after the first mile. Also they will not put you into an area they cannot get you back out of.

Also they have a small fleet, so they can keep thier drivers happy and working all the time.

Any info on this Company?

Thanks
Garman

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I know little about Diamond Delivery but your first sentence of;
"I talked to a recruiter the other day and it was confusing how he was trying to tell me how the loads will pay depending on a lot of criteria"

I would think one would want a strong clarification on that type of answer. I would follow that with interviewing some of their current and former drivers to have a clearer picture of potential.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
>
>But I was told they pay full deadhead after the first mile.
>Also they will not put you into an area they cannot get you
>back out of.
>
>Also they have a small fleet, so they can keep thier drivers
>happy and working all the time.
>
Second comment, first. Every company in the USofA that has an active recruiting department has a small fleet, that's why they recruit, so they can have a bigger fleet. And naturally, they keep all of their driver's happy, as does every other company.

You should get clarification on the first comment above. Do they pay full DH before AND after each run? Given the nature of expediting, we often take freight to places that have litttle or no freight back to civilization; southern FL and WY come to mind; therefore, you will find yourself in "an area they cannot get you back out of."

CharginCharlie

Expert Expediter
I was leased to them for awhile some time ago and would recommend them. The dispatch was professional-24/7/365 at least at that time. Dead head paid from mile one after dispatch. No forced dispatch etc. At that time, they filed and paid fuel taxes-may have changed by now. Qualcomm costs were reasonable and worker's comp insurance recommended but not required.

Tolls and bridge fees also paid.

Like all carriers, wait time was inevitable.
Info is from a year ago but probably still somewhat valid.