Detroiter

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You never see that sort of thing happen in a Republican-controlled town.
Walmart submitted a plan that met all of the requests from the City Council, but then the City Council added new parameters, because that's what Democrats do. The City Council now wants Walmart to restripe the parking lot to set aside parking spots for tractor-trailers, but they cannot cannibalize any of the existing car parking spaces to do it without approval from the City Council.

The largest sales tax payer in the city has recently bought land 3 miles east of their current location, a half a mile outside the city limits, in anticipation of a possible relocation.

RoadSaint

Expert Expediter
If you really want to promote free enterprise and an environment conducive to thriving business and entrepreneurism, vote Libertarian.

Reactions: VSprinter

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You never see that sort of thing happen in a Republican-controlled town.
Walmart submitted a plan that met all of the requests from the City Council, but then the City Council added new parameters, because that's what Democrats do. The City Council now wants Walmart to restripe the parking lot to set aside parking spots for tractor-trailers, but they cannot cannibalize any of the existing car parking spaces to do it without approval from the City Council.

The largest sales tax payer in the city has recently bought land 3 miles east of their current location, a half a mile outside the city limits, in anticipation of a possible relocation.
Timely that you mention about the restriping the parking lot. I was just at a West Virginia Walmart. They had a whole section marked off just for this. However, signs were posted for No Overnight Parking- customers only. At least they have a designated area I guess

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Turtle and ntimevan

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Yes, I can confirm the family that owned the Detroiter since the 60's sold the business last year, we've have stayed in touch with the owners as we personally know them. The family owned and operated truck stops are almost a thing of the past. In it's prime - the Detroiter was a great home-away from-home for thousands of drivers with their made from scratch meals and premium showers. :coffee: :hamburger: :chickenleg:

RoadSaint

Expert Expediter
If you really want to promote free enterprise and an environment conducive to thriving business and entrepreneurism, vote Libertarian.

And cheating and trying to pull fast ones on the public because of no regulations.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

You mean, members of the public trying to pull fast ones on the public? Business owners are members of the public. Part of the reason it's so difficult for the average joe to start his own business is because of those regulations.

But anyhow, we're getting pretty far off topic here.