Denver CO, must be worse then Laredo.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
13 day's wow. I guess it comes with experience. Most dispatchers won't level with you or at least don't have time too. I believe like I said before, head to El Paso.
Who are you driving for??

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I've been waiting here for a load for the last 13 days. I turned down a a load to Billings yesterday.

I can't say this emphatically enough...never - ever layover for 13 days. Ever. Please consider a 24- 48 max layover. If you spend time and read these threads you'll find over a decade of good information that most people will stand-by the 24-48 hr rule.

All the best!

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Purgoose.. I hear El Paso is hit or miss aka pretty dead... OKC and Dallas would be nice but a good long ways of deadhead compared to Topeka KS. I'm a t1n sprinter owner operator (If I don't own it I won't drive it) based out of Denver working for PantherExpedite.

The worst part about it is I had the #1 spot for the last 12 days and I recently lost it to a team, maybe they are on here reading this :) Anyways my hopes for a load are shot, so I will have to take a empty move Sunday night into KC to get a fresh start Monday morning and see if I can start racking up some miles. I've been known to handle Denver to Seattle or SF without a drop of caffeine. I can usually pull a good 800 mile day before I get a little tired. Solo straight won't even allow that so looks like I'm good if I make it to that level. I'm sure there are some guys that can pull more miles.

I will keep that 24-48 rule in mind unless then again I'm sitting in Chicago/Detroit waiting for a long haul. 2 days MAX my friends... why continue :)

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Purgoose.. I hear El Paso is hit or miss aka pretty dead... OKC and Dallas would be nice but a good long ways of deadhead compared to Topeka KS. I'm a t1n sprinter owner operator (If I don't own it I won't drive it) based out of Denver working for PantherExpedite.

The worst part about it is I had the #1 spot for the last 12 days and I recently lost it to a team, maybe they are on here reading this :) Anyways my hopes for a load are shot, so I will have to take a empty move Sunday night into KC to get a fresh start Monday morning and see if I can start racking up some miles. I've been known to handle Denver to Seattle or SF without a drop of caffeine. I can usually pull a good 800 mile day before I get a little tired. Solo straight won't even allow that so looks like I'm good if I make it to that level. I'm sure there are some guys that can pull more miles.

I will keep that 24-48 rule in mind unless then again I'm sitting in Chicago/Detroit waiting for a long haul. 2 days MAX my friends... why continue :)

Panthers border cities should be a bit better for them with acquiring a recent new customer out of Mexico....

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dispatchers are telling me that the El Paso area is pretty dead for CV's. Any other border city besides Laredo that is relatively busy?

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
I live here in Denver. I can count on one hand the times I have a gotten a load out. Tt and straights do a lot better. Cvs hit or miss.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I take it you drive a straight or tt... good to hear from local drivers on this matter :) What carrier are you with?

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I look at a lot of boards and there is freight out of Denver. Bad news is, not much in the way of expedited van freight.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guess if you're a small fleet owner you can position trucks around the country and fly into the cities with the best freight. Cheaper then deadheading with diesel at 4.25 a gal and easy couple hours and you're there!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Davek I noticed you mention plan b in one of your other post here can you brief on that a little? All advice appreciated
http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/panther-expedited/53713-panther-deceit-2.html

We go to other sources for freight using Panther's authority. Call it brokering, some call it backhaul, or several other things. Some loads are real decent and some are losers.
Take some time to get going at it but we usually have set people we call when exercising that option.

Dat1stChoice

Active Expediter
Sadly, even hot shots have been pretty slow the last couple weeks here. I did however just return from a trip to Carlin NV, and lost a shot at a second piece going to Springville UT. (it went with our other van) So it might be picking up a bit. (that's a BIG might) I'm really hoping for more regional stuff to finish the week, and start on next week though, as I'm tired of running local stuff. To be fair, I went from a 70 hour week, to two weeks in a row at 30, I'm sitting at 40 this week so far, and still have 2 days to grind out some overtime. (I'm hourly, which is better for me at this point)

On an unrelated note, the wife is now dead set and determined that we WILL be teaming a sprinter, even if we have to go buy one, and then sign on with someone. But that is still a few years off. (kids gotta graduate HS first.) I'm so excited!

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sadly, even hot shots have been pretty slow the last couple weeks here. I did however just return from a trip to Carlin NV, and lost a shot at a second piece going to Springville UT. (it went with our other van) So it might be picking up a bit. (that's a BIG might) I'm really hoping for more regional stuff to finish the week, and start on next week though, as I'm tired of running local stuff. To be fair, I went from a 70 hour week, to two weeks in a row at 30, I'm sitting at 40 this week so far, and still have 2 days to grind out some overtime. (I'm hourly, which is better for me at this point)

On an unrelated note, the wife is now dead set and determined that we WILL be teaming a sprinter, even if we have to go buy one, and then sign on with someone. But that is still a few years off. (kids gotta graduate HS first.) I'm so excited!

Sounds like you're staying busy... who are you running for on the front range? (sounds like quicksilver possibly?) I might be able to send a few contacts your way if you're looking to stay regional and instate for the time being until you get your sprinter. :)

Last edited:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter

I hear ya on the El Paso. My rule and my rule only after 11 yrs I don't go to the border in Texas unless it's the last week of the month or the last two weeks of the quarter. That's the only time I've gotten out. If I'm in one place more than 48hrs it's because I have friends near by or a good fishing hole. I do carry my fly rod with me. That's the only two tickets I've gotten in the past 30 yrs was fishing w/out a license. "But I always throw them back". It doesn't work. :cool:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Every company is different i like el paso and will never sit in Dalas.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

Dat1stChoice

Active Expediter
Sounds like you're staying busy... who are you running for on the front range? (sounds like quicksilver possibly?) I might be able to send a few contacts your way if you're looking to stay regional and instate for the time being until you get your sprinter. :)

Sent you a PM, not really looking for instate, regional is nice...but I've run to Birmingham AL and back and LOVED it...I want long runs...REALLY long ones. I can safely spend 18+ hours behind the wheel in a day, and I want to be running that long, and longer...I ain't afraid to spend the night in my van!