December is the One to remember

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Emptied out this morning near Rockford, IL.

The curse of Canton Ohio?

Couldn't help but think of Turtle after I delivered to the same neck of the woods he was in the other day.
The next morning, like Turtle, I set off for Canton.
Got about a hour into my move when a load offer came across.
Of course its picks up in the opposite direction from where I came from :rolleyes:

Damned-if-you-do, damned if you don't playing my mind as I finally found a spot to turn around.

Ended up arriving to the confused look of the shipper who new nothing about it :(
Apparently, the phones must have been down as I couldn't get through to dispatch, and the different dispatch number I was given on the app was always busy. So I sent QC messages, never did get a reply :rolleyes:

While waiting I got a tip from the shipper of another place near by that sometimes comes up with their address.
Feeling pretty alone on this one, I looked up the name and address of the tip.

3 miles away. I figured it was close enough to check out. Worse case, I'm wrong and have to come back if this was the right place.

Finally found the tip location. The tip was correct and they were just finishing up the paperwork, so it all worked out.

First time in over 7 years, I really felt..disconnected :D

Hey, just got a call for a load with the new phone call feature. Pretty cool :)

Although, after it was over, I was thinking...I hope press 1 was for accept lol.
I had my tablet alerting me as well. I'm more visual and wanted to see the information, route and destination map part from the App, but wasn't sure what would happen if I didn't answer the phone or hung up and went to the App.

Would it view it as a decline by default if I did hang up or not select a option and go to the App?

Trying to figure out all this new fangled technology :D

Per Ed and the team:

If he clicks ok, then preview the scans by clicking the page icons of pages he scanned, he will see that the scan is good. Same thing Dave was talking to me about.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Emptied out in Niles Michigan.
Hit Chicago peak rush time, making the 180 mile trip seem very, very, long :rolleyes:
Glad it paid really nice ;)

Had to get my delivery time changed, was scheduled with a 2hr transit time.
Although flying through Chicago at 90 mph sounded fun, pretty sure that was not happening :eek:

A obvious mistake, butt ended with a good laugh :D

The laughter did stop 25 miles from my drop.

The two warning monitors on my Sprinter that I absolutely love are the alert when a light burns out, and the low tire pressure warning.

Unfortunately, this time, it was the low tire pressure monitor. Guessing I must have ran over something at the pickup. Nothing good ever happens when I have to go off-roading :rolleyes:

Stopped to see what was going on, so glad it was raining lol. Found 1 tire with a slow air leak. Based on current tire pressure and my estimated rate of deflation, I cautiously proceeded to my drop.

After completing the drop, found a Belle Tire 8 miles away. So camping out there till they open at 8am then back in-service. Kind of sucks, as even though I was OOS, I got a call for a 8AM pickup. Would have been nice, but safety always comes 1st.

Hoping to snag something on Friday, if not, it's already been a good week ;)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Per Ed and the team:

If he clicks ok, then preview the scans by clicking the page icons of pages he scanned, he will see that the scan is good. Same thing Dave was talking to me about.

Hmmm, I just tried it again. It appears to be readable, but of very poor quality and clarity, at least on my end. Nothing I would want to send.

guido4475

Not a Member
The Mayor responded back with a text message saying "remind me tomorrow and send me a pic of the ticket" I'm keeping my fingers crossed! LOL

Were you aware of the cost of the ticket at first inquiry? If so, I woulda just paid the 25 bucks and been on my way. Not worth fighting over.

Reactions: fastman_1

guido4475

Not a Member
Per Ed and the team:

Hmmm, I just tried it again. It appears to be readable, but of very poor quality and clarity, at least on my end. Nothing I would want to send.

I just used the app to scan the 2 BOL's a little bit ago. Same thing, garbled, but sent it anyways.

Another question, is the 734 area code phone number for the load robo call going to be the only one used for that segment of a app load offer?

Im at the yard if Mr. Ed by chance is going to be here today. And I need to get the Q-C scanner fixed.

Reactions: RoadTime

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
The Mayor responded back with a text message saying "remind me tomorrow and send me a pic of the ticket" I'm keeping my fingers crossed! LOL

Were you aware of the cost of the ticket at first inquiry? If so, I woulda just paid the 25 bucks and been on my way. Not worth fighting over.
Yes I was aware, it's on the ticket. Why sure I could have paid it and been on my way and everything would be fine on there end. I dont feel that way. Theres no signs stating No City Ordinance and they knew that and I didn't and I dont like that. I feel duped, we know it and you dont, we got you. Everyone there in that town knows about it and since I'm a out of town I didn't of course. To me that's not right! What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong!

Always do the right thing and in my opinion its not the right thing!

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member

Yes I was aware, it's on the ticket. Why sure I could have paid it and been on my way and everything would be fine on there end. I dont feel that way. Theres no signs stating No City Ordinance and they knew that and I didn't and I dont like that. I feel duped, we know it and you dont, we got you. Everyone there in that town knows about it and since I'm a out of town I didn't of course. To me that's not right! What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong!

There is an old saying, "you cant fight city hall".

Its a money grab, unfortunately , and you wont change a thing, even if you stand there on the city hall steps and hold youre breath. You are correct that it is not right. They should put signs up. Pay the 25, and dont eat a dinner out to absorb the cost. Just think of the possible income lost in you making a stand over 25 bucks....lol

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator

There is an old saying, "you cant fight city hall".

Its a money grab, unfortunately , and you wont change a thing, even if you stand there on the city hall steps and hold youre breath. You are correct that it is not right. They should put signs up. Pay the 25, and dont eat a dinner out to absorb the cost. Just think of the possible income lost in you making a stand over 25 bucks....lol
So far no income loss. And the info I've received they could be a chance. True, you can't fight and or win against City Hall but you never know on this one!

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got my tire deflating issue solved..Kind of.

Turns out the tire was not the problem. The rim itself was leaking :(

When I bought this Sprinter I was talking with another driver at Wayne's who said there was a issue with these steel rims. It's happened to him so often that he carrys a spare rim. I asked Wayne about this issue. He hasn't heard of any.

I guess it wasn't my imagination last night as I tried putting air in the tire and thought I felt some air coming from the valve stem area :rolleyes:

Of course they couldn't find a rim on the fly. So after thinking about what to do. I had them take off the rim from my old spare tire, and put it on the new tire. So at least I'm back to wear I was before this happened. Just without a spare for now. Debated on getting a used one from Wayne, (and still may grab a extra), but ordered a new upgraded OEM one. I found a knock off on Amazon for 50% less. But if there is any truth to the rim issues, maybe its coming from the knock offs, so I passed on that one.

I've only had 2 tire/rim issues in the last 7 years, so hopefully going about a week or less without a spare won't be a issue :rolleyes:

Reactions: DollarSign

guido4475

Not a Member
Got my tire deflating issue solved..Kind of.

Turns out the tire was not the problem. The rim itself was leaking :(

When I bought this Sprinter I was talking with another driver at Wayne's who said there was a issue with these steel rims. It's happened to him so often that he carrys a spare rim. I asked Wayne about this issue. He hasn't heard of any.

I guess it wasn't my imagination last night as I tried putting air in the tire and thought I felt some air coming from the valve stem area :rolleyes:

Of course they couldn't find a rim on the fly. So after thinking about what to do. I had them take off the rim from my old spare tire, and put it on the new tire. So at least I'm back to wear I was before this happened. Just without a spare for now. Debated on getting a used one from Wayne, (and still may grab a extra), but ordered a new upgraded OEM one. I found a knock off on Amazon for 50% less. But if there is any truth to the rim issues, maybe its coming from the knock offs, so I passed on that one.

I've only had 2 tire/rim issues in the last 7 years, so hopefully going about a week or less without a spare won't be a issue :rolleyes:

Didn't Andy have rims for sale?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got my Friday topper. Indiana to Romulus area. Turned out to be a long over due good week :)
Most likely will be heading down to Wayne's World later. He has some rims, plus I want him to check out some things with the van.

Reactions: ntimevan

guido4475

Not a Member
Unloaded this morning in Fargo. Had a surprisingly good week. It felt good. The app scanner seems to be working so much better. Nice to see the easier to see green document perimeter line instead of the light blue one. Still hoping the "auto capture" feature comes back soon.