December is the One to remember

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, so much for staying out over the holidays. About to be a sitting at a truck stop for a week. Looks like I'll be here till next year.
Oh what joy, even Santa passed me by.
I didn't think I was that naughty this year :rolleyes:
Lol... its just me , but i don't Sit in Evansville any longer than 24 hours no matter what Company I have been with . And I-40 is starting to look like My Southern Border limit . I am just Old Fashioned , i hate sitting during the week unless i am at home..

Whatever...

Reactions: DollarSign

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, so much for staying out over the holidays. About to be a sitting at a truck stop for a week. Looks like I'll be here till next year.
Lol... its just me , but i don't Sit in Evansville any longer than 24 hours no matter what Company I have been with . And I-40 is starting to look like My Southern Border limit . I am just Old Fashioned , i hate sitting during the week unless i am at home..

Whatever...

Yeah, I'm not much for sitting this long, but given the holidays and the load before I came here was from here, and with units around me sitting longer, might as well stay planted. Besides being 11th on the Detroit board after a week (if I was there), tells me all I need :rolleyes:

Excitement for the day...
Went food shopping, charged up the batteries some, and got the van washed.

do-i-look-excited-because-i-really-am.jpg

Reactions: ntimevan

guido4475

Not a Member

I have a multi carrier freind who knows every year it is slow during this time, but yet, he ends up sitting for all eternity, whining the whole time.. lol..9 years so far...think he'd learn by now....lol..

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, I'm not much for sitting this long, but given the holidays and the load before I came here was from here, and with units around me sitting longer, might as well stay planted. Besides being 11th on the Detroit board after a week (if I was there), tells me all I need :rolleyes:

Excitement for the day...
Went food shopping, charged up the batteries some, and got the van washed.

View attachment 18362
Yeah , Taylor office bid on a load going there for me (Sunday PM delivery) but i didn't get it , but knew you were heading there . Kept checking App to see if you got lucky...

Whatever...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I once sat at a Loves in Fargo for a week over the New Year. That was fun.

Did you go to the Alien restaurant across from the Petro?

I'd post a picture, but it won't let me. What's up with that?
I did not go there on that particular visit, but I have eaten there a couple of times, once in Fargo and once in the Bismark location. It's a restaurant you'd think would be in Roswell, NM, but no. They have great ribs and steaks. And the oven-fired pizza looked pretty popular. But I first went there based on the ribs recommendation, and went back because of the ribs.

It's a very different place. It's just as weird inside as you'd think it is.

Reactions: RoadTime

guido4475

Not a Member
I once sat at a Loves in Fargo for a week over the New Year. That was fun.

Did you go to the Alien restaurant across from the Petro?

I'd post a picture, but it won't let me. What's up with that?
I did not go there on that particular visit, but I have eaten there a couple of times, once in Fargo and once in the Bismark location. It's a restaurant you'd think would be in Roswell, NM, but no. They have great ribs and steaks. And the oven-fired pizza looked pretty popular. But I first went there based on the ribs recommendation, and went back because of the ribs.

It's a very different place. It's just as weird inside as you'd think it is.

I got my fix of Texas Roadhouse fall of the bone ribs while I was there. I have Andy to thank for my newfound addiction.....lol

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Happy sunny Sunday to all. My lions play at one. I want a win but then a loss and better draft choice may be the logical call .

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Was this from Charlie?

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Evening Load One and a Happy New Year's Eve! Just got done having late lunch early dinner with some old friends of mine. Headed back to the truck stop and getting ready to hunker down for the night.

To everyone who is out please be careful and watch out for the crazy ones tonight. If you dont have to be out, dont go out!

guido4475

Not a Member
Happy new year everyone! I hope that you all are having a safe enjoyable time! I hope that you who are partaking in the adult beverages are able to remember what happened on New Years eve !!!..

I had to call 911 for Mom tonight because she finally got so bad that she couldnt move on her own at all. Shes at the hospital as they are running tests on her. We knew this day was coming, but not this quickly. She was living on her own unassisted till today, at the age of 90. We were blessed in that way. I dont think that she will be coming home. Thank God I was here with her.

My 2 doctors appointments went well today. 1 more on Weds, than I'll renew my license, than be back out working hopefully.

So thankful for this jet fuel whatever in a glass jar that my freind gave me. This stuff is volatile.