December in Load 1 Nation

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had one this morning, called the same load in a second time and I'm close to two hours wait on this one. Funny how different the price per mile can be on identical loads.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It is with heavy heart that we share with you the news of the unexpected passing of Load One Truckload Division dispatcher Susan Burrus. Susan suffered a cardiac issue last week and is believed she succumbed to complications arising form it. Please keep her friends and family in your thoughts and prayers.

Funeral arrangement for Susan Burrus:

Tuesday – Viewing 5 to 9 at Howe Peterson 9800 Telegraph Rd. Taylor

Wed – 11:00 Mass at St. Constance 21555 Kinyon St Taylor

Wed - 12:30 Luncheon at Pias 21142 Ecorse Rd. Taylor

Last edited:

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good afternoon to all! Here very close to FL. Just had Sonny's BBQ and thinking about a turn an burn back to the parents house. Going to check with dispatch before I do so. Don't think there's much out here.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
When they call me for a load, I sometimes have a tendency to just say "yeah" without really thinking it through.

Soooooo, I bring you Seasons Greetings from the natural gas fields 38 miles outside of Williston, ND.

IMG_0135a_zps5bi2zbv5.jpg

IMAG0287a_zpsntgeojqc.jpg

IMAG0289a_zpshpnkeq1m.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Turtle....powering the American economy!
With natural gas. o_O

"Many oil drillers are unable to direct the flow of natural gas coming off wells into existing pipelines, which already are at full capacity. They have no choice but to add a flare at each site with a well. The result is nearly a third of the natural gas produced in the region is being burned to secure crude oil, and subsequently creating thousands of flares."

Those flares burn up about $100 million worth of natural gas per day. In Texas they capture about 99% of the natural gas, compared to the 72% in North Dakota. The flares are an impressive sight, and are jet-engine loud.

However, the two large elbow fittings I delivered are part of a new pipeline being built specifically to deal with captured natural gas, instead of burning it off.

Fracking Boom Waste: Flares Light Prairie With Unused Natural Gas - NBC News

Reactions: jelliott