Dec locations...more or less

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Getting bored...lol..just changed the oil on the generator, and checking the fluids on the van, and the tire pressures....While doing so, had an impossible conversation with a Indian-speaking All-State Sprinter driver. Couldn't understand a lick of words this guy was saying..Must be some real interesting conversations for their dispatch...lol...My pet-peeve: Why do companies hire people that cannot speak our language properly? I've seen customers call companies as the driver was standing there, trying to pick up a load, requesting a driver they can understand before. Calgon! Take me away!!! lol...

So if they are here legally you rather they not get a job and be on the government dole?

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Who else would you trust with that time sensitive shipment?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByEO Forums1354755934.570665.jpg
    ImageUploadedByEO Forums1354755934.570665.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 48

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did a couple of MI loads yesterday, picked up in Lansing this afternoon delivering in Dayton in the morning. Then I have an IN to Nashville waiting for me.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
John give dad my best wishes for a speedy recovery and will be looking forward to see him back in the yard on his golf buggy.and my best wishes to your family in this time .. but just by talking to dad at times i know he is a fighter and he will be up & around in no time at all..

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Wonderful Nashville tn just waiting on that big call to get out on the road again like Willy i am all tune up to sing on the road again ,,,, or the animals song we got to get out of this place,,,lol maybe the song i like best abba money money money makes the world go by.........Pete

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Hangin out in the area for now.. went from 7 to 8.. ugh.. tried to wash the van this morning, bay all locked up again!

Dale

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Yep running hard to get a seat inside movie theatre at truckstop.....but i know the guys in dispatch is trying.....but still # 2 in Nashville

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Quiet....hopefully everyone is running hard!
John how was the conference very successful i hope for you... and the red eye special flight i do not about you but not my favorite flight on those hard seats well in the economy section ,,,, but i would be thinking nice in 1st class....lol when i win lotto going to fly that section ...but hope dad is doing great i really do PETER.....

guido4475

Not a Member
So if they are here legally you rather they not get a job and be on the government dole?

They most likely already are, 7 years tax free? Maybe? But my point is, why hire those that do not speak english. If they want to come here and better themselves, hats off to them. They have my blessing.But learn to speak our language first.They should conform to us, our way of living, not the other way around. Last time I checked, this was The United States of America.

guido4475

Not a Member
I know where you were this morning....

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Uhhh.. Stopped at the Detroiter to grab a shower and gas? Then at the yard to turn in paperwork and wash the van? than Wal-Mart to get some groceries? Then to north of Detroit to get unloaded? What was it?.....lol...

guido4475

Not a Member
Quiet....hopefully everyone is running hard!

Too busy praying for a load with some miles to it....Ironically enough, it's been over a year since I have seen Laredo....kinda odd, I guess....I sure could use one of those, with a return back up to make Christmas enjoyable about right now...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They most likely already are, 7 years tax free? Maybe? But my point is, why hire those that do not speak english. If they want to come here and better themselves, hats off to them. They have my blessing.But learn to speak our language first.They should conform to us, our way of living, not the other way around. Last time I checked, this was The United States of America.

Oh didn't know he asked you to speak his language. Sounded like he was a nice guy just wanting to talk. You know the more he converses in English probably the better it will get.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Can you understand me my good buddy ? There was a prime Minster once may a speech we welcome you but if you do not like our standard of living please leave....Australia