Death by DeSantis

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Because so many more conservatives avoided the vaccine than liberals, more conservatives were killed by COVID-19. Thus they were not around to vote in Nov. 2022. I don't know the numbers but I do winder if the anti-vax campaigns were a contributing factor to Republicans losing elections where the race was close. For example, how many more Republicans than Democrats died of COVID-19 in GA, and how many votes did they lose the Walker/Warnock election by?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
The Runoff election result was around a 100 thousand vote margin. But both Republican and Democratic candidates had lower totals in 2022. Roughly by similar margins compared to the 2020 election.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Because so many more conservatives avoided the vaccine than liberals, more conservatives were killed by COVID-19. Thus they were not around to vote in Nov. 2022. I don't know the numbers but I do winder if the anti-vax campaigns were a contributing factor to Republicans losing elections where the race was close. For example, how many more Republicans than Democrats died of COVID-19 in GA, and how many votes did they lose the Walker/Warnock election by?
You know its funny that conservatives like to blame everything on the "lunatic left" but this is one thing they actually can blame on them, they created all of the lies and targeted them so they would refuse the vaccine and then when nature took its course, who was to blame???? The virus....

I personally dont like the conservative point of view on things but they didnt deserve this.

• Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Which lies? Please be specific. Thanks
Well lets see, that the vaccines were still experimental, which was kind of true, but Mrna technology has been in the works for 30 years. How about the one where everyone was getting side effects, and there were people who did have a reaction to the vaccine, which means it was doing its job. There were people saying that everyone who got it would be dead in 2 years. Dont forget the moron that was standing next to Desantis who said it changed our DNA....

And dont get me going about the whole ivermectin thing......

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Well lets see, that the vaccines were still experimental, which was kind of true, but Mrna technology has been in the works for 30 years. How about the one where everyone was getting side effects, and there were people who did have a reaction to the vaccine, which means it was doing its job. There were people saying that everyone who got it would be dead in 2 years. Dont forget the moron that was standing next to Desantis who said it changed our DNA....

And dont get me going about the whole ivermectin thing......
EVERYONE getting side effects? I haven’t heard that one. I’ve heard there are side effects like Myocarditis that people are getting. Myocarditis is a serious health issue that can cause death, so if the vaccine is working, it doesn’t matter at that point.

There is a concern that continuous shots can over time weaken the immune system. We don’t know conclusively the long term effects yet. Nothing wrong with examining it though.

Ivermectin is a proven zinc ionophore, similar to HQC and concentrated green tea extract.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
The fact that joe Biden is double boosted and still got covid-19 twice.....
Right, he said if you get the shot you won’t get the virus. Clearly he was wrong. That’s why an investigation is needed. To understand better how they were so wrong, if they knowingly lied and committed product fraud.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I looked into this a little deeper and found, in GA at least, COVID-19 deaths were not a decisive factor in the 2022 close-election runoff. Georgia has had 39,800 COVID-19 deaths to date. Republican Walker lost the runoff election by 96,300 votes.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The fact that joe Biden is double boosted and still got covid-19 twice.....
The only reason we know he had covid is because he is tested regularly. I would wager most of us have had it and didnt know it because the newer strains cause less sickness and the combination of vaccines and prior infections means out bodies know what its dealing with.

This is the new normal now I believe.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Right, he said if you get the shot you won’t get the virus. Clearly he was wrong. That’s why an investigation is needed. To understand better how they were so wrong, if they knowingly lied and committed product fraud.
At first they thought that was going to be the case, but since this was a novel virus, they didnt know everything about it.

You never changed your mind on something after you found more info?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
The only reason we know he had covid is because he is tested regularly. I would wager most of us have had it and didnt know it because the newer strains cause less sickness and the combination of vaccines and prior infections means out bodies know what its dealing with.

This is the new normal now I believe.
Just like the flu is normal.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
At first they thought that was going to be the case, but since this was a novel virus, they didnt know everything about it.

You never changed your mind on something after you found more info?
They didn’t say they thought. They were speaking as matter of fact, which was untrue. And at the same time working with Big Tech to silence other voices about potential dangers of the vaccine as well as alternative treatments.

Yes, I changed my mind on the vaccine. At first I was very positive about getting the vaccine. They also touted it as once you get the vaccine you won’t be able to spread the virus: False.
The efficacy of the vaccine was thought to last several months if not years: False
Then it was determined the vaccine would last about a half a year.
Then they determined that the vaccine wanes after a few short weeks. Then they determined that the J &J vaccine that was already weaker than the other two was completely worthless to take.
And what is the effect of getting continuous booster shots every few months on our immune system to ward off other future infections?
It may significantly compromise it.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
DeSantis Polling Update

"When pollsters ask about a two-person race between DeSantis and Trump, DeSantis is usually ahead. A simple average of head-to-head national polls taken since the midterms1 puts DeSantis at 48 percent and Trump at 43 percent. ...

"But in polls with more than two candidates in the field, Trump almost always leads. In national polling questions that included DeSantis, Trump and at least one other potential candidate, Trump has an average lead of 41 percent to 31 percent since the midterms.2 (No one else comes close.)"
(Source)

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
An update on the DeSantis vs Disney kerfuffle: he wins, they lose. The FL legislature overwhelmingly passed the bill that would restructure and rename the Reedy Creek District that was Disney's feifdom and put it under state control. Meanwhile Disney struggles with declining revenues, cancellations of politically incorrect rides and thousands of layoffs.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
An update on the DeSantis vs Disney kerfuffle: he wins, they lose. The FL legislature overwhelmingly passed the bill that would restructure and rename the Reedy Creek District that was Disney's feifdom and put it under state control. Meanwhile Disney struggles with declining revenues, cancellations of politically incorrect rides and thousands of layoffs.
Disney's stock has soared nearly 30% in the last few weeks. The breaking news about the FL legislature's action RE Reedy Creek is of little concern to investors or the public. Disney is a worldwide behemoth company. You could shut down the entire Orlando theme park and it would have limited effect if any effect at all outside the Orlando area (where the effect would be huge).

Layoffs are widespread among major companies these days. That has nothing to do with Reedy Creek but with the economy at large. Interestingly, their theme park revenue and usage is up. There has been a CEO change, probably related to the Don't Say Gay dust-up but that's all it was, a dust-up and a CEO change. Such things are common in corporate America.

DeSantis is scoring a lot of points with some right wing voters with his anti-Disney actions, and while that is gratifying to them, it's not as big of a story as many think. Disney was doing just fine before the controversy. It's doing fine during it. And it will do fine after.

While DeSantis is burnishing his right-wing credentials at Disney's expense, he is also proving himself to be one of the most dictatorial, anti-free-speech governor's in the nation. His actions will help him win a primary but the same actions will be a liability in a general election.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00