Death by DeSantis

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
DeSantis is just sharing his love for his fellow man and letting the Martha crowd in on this love connection, now what could be more loving then that??
It's hard to believe these vagrants that are here illegally are complaining about their travel arrangements and accommodations. They were probably far better than the hundreds of flights given to illegals by the Biden travel agency.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
It's hard to believe these vagrants that are here illegally are complaining about their travel arrangements and accommodations. They were probably far better than the hundreds of flights given to illegals by the Biden travel agency.
Leftist activists putting them up to it.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

They are not illegal, yet. They chose people from from a country that are almost guaranteed to win their asylum case…. If they show up for their hearing. Oh that’s right they made sure to make up addresses all over the country so that they have almost no chance of making it to the hearing. What a piece of garbage, I can’t wait to vote him out.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I'm sharing this, not because I believe it, but simply as an item for future reference. This would be astounding if true. If it was not reported by Newsweek and did not reference a pollster with some verifiable history, I'd dismiss this report altogether. For now, it's just something to keep an eye on. Other polls will confirm or quash this report as more info is developed.

"Though the new poll is an outlier, Greg Fink—a conservative-leaning strategic consultant for The Listener Group—said he stands by the result, ..."

"While Fink's poll results were different from others, he pointed to the firm's track record—accurate calls on President Donald Trump's margin of victory in the state during the 2020 presidential election and Crist's landslide win over Nikki Fried in the Democratic primary for which others projected a Fried victory—as a sign that the poll should not be so easily dismissed. "
(Source)

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
View attachment 22023
Republicans See over 492K Net Gains over Democrats in Florida Voter Registration
There is a book entitled "How to Lie With Statistics." It seems this Republican Party operative has read it.

Still, muttly raises an interesting question. What actually happened with FL with voter registration since DeSantis was elected in 2018?

I'll add, what happened year-by-year?

To answer these questions, I went to the Florida state website to get the raw raw data. I then developed a spreadsheet to calculate the percentage of change and show that result for both the 2018 to 2022 time period and year-by-year. That spreadsheet is attached. It is presented without comment.

FL Numbers.png

FL Numbers.png

muttly

Veteran Expediter
These were the polls in 2018 Florida Governor race. Maybe The Listener Group is right, but I don’t see them in any of the polls conducted in 2018. Most of the polls back then had DeSantis losing.

C6BE97FD-B281-4F9C-8445-DDE51D28B60F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
DeSantis' Martha's Vineyard stunt will be forgotten by the end of Sept because the mainstream media wants it to go away. They're already moving on to the next shiny object because (1)that's what they do) and (2)it's more detrimental to the Democrats than it is to DeSantis. Actually, the Republican base in FL will remember it as a net positive when they go to the polls because the border crisis and crime problems will still be major national issues. Also, Charlie Crist will be campaigning with Joe Biden next week; that should give DeSantis some good political fodder to play with.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
  • Haha
Reactions: RLENT

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Now are all of the Republicans going to turn on Desantis for flip flopping on disaster aid for those here in Florida?
No they will not, especially for a vote that happened nine years ago against a bill that was stuffed full of non- hurricane related pork. Also, DeSantis and other Republicans objected to the bill because only 30% of the money was to be spent in the first two years.

This is a lame attempt at a hit piece from an insignificant New York liberal. It just shows the Democrats are starting to worry about DeSantis, who could be a more formidable opponent than Trump in 2024.
I will actually give him some credit for his leadership this week, he took a bad situation and is trying to do his best to get the most help to the people that need it the most.
Although politics is the last thing on the minds of Floridians right now, the harsh reality is that this disaster is placing him on the center stage of national news. So far he's handling it very well.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So if the communities of color do not get the help from FEMA because they do not apply like white people do, who's fault is that?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
By the way, since today is October 1st, here in Florida we have a gas tax holiday for the month, 25.3 cents a gallon. Out and about today and most of the big chain station prices were lowered by 25 cents, but most of the other stations had not, which is not really a surprise, I knew from the start most of that 25 cents a gallon was going to be extra profit.