Death by DeSantis

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I heard Mark Levin say this. He was chief of staff to the AG Edward Meese. He said Reagan did it and other Presidents as well. Primarily District Court judges, which there is roughly a thousand. For every two judges the opposition party gets one.
Maybe it went on then. Is it going on now?

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A good argument could be made for this judge (Walker) to recuse himself due to his obvious bias displayed against DeSantis in previous cases. He's already been reversed by the 11th circuit in a ruling he made against DeSantis, so an appeal of any unfavorable ruling he makes in the Disney matter is almost guaranteed.

But on Thursday, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals determined that Walker’s 288-page order was based on legal errors and “clearly erroneous” findings of fact. The appeals court sent the case back to the lower court for review.
It also reversed the requirement that Florida needs prior clearance to change parts of voting law.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How was it ok for Doctors to not treat the unvaccinated?
For me, if I was an overworked doctor, I dont want to waste my time on people who dont do their part to protect their own health. If they are not going to get a life saving vaccine because of the lies they saw on the internet, im not treating them.

• Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For me, if I was an overworked doctor, I dont want to waste my time on people who dont do their part to protect their own health. If they are not going to get a life saving vaccine because of the lies they saw on the internet, im not treating them.
That’s ridiculous…

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What about smokers? Should they be treated when they develop emphysema and lung cancer?

Reactions: muttly

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What about smokers? Should they be treated when they develop emphysema and lung cancer?
That already happens, years ago the doctor my mom went to wanted her to quit smoking, and after a couple of years that she didnt, he said to find another doctor, he wasnt going to treat her any more.

I see this with my wife too, as soon as they find out she had gastric bypass its like they think she is not worth their time.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Another good opinion piece of what he is trying to do.
What these and other liberal media op-eds continually do is refuse to distinguish between legal immigrants and illegal aliens. These invaders have been coming into the country illegally; that means breaking our immigration laws and countless others to enter our states, cities and towns to be supported by American taxpayers. DeSantis and most of the other Red state governors are fighting back since the Biden administration refuses enforce our current immigration laws. No other country in the world allows this kind of mass invasion.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What these and other liberal media op-eds continually do is refuse to distinguish between legal immigrants and illegal aliens. These invaders have been coming into the country illegally; that means breaking our immigration laws and countless others to enter our states, cities and towns to be supported by American taxpayers. DeSantis and most of the other Red state governors are fighting back since the Biden administration refuses enforce our current immigration laws. No other country in the world allows this kind of mass invasion.
Everything you said is correct except that they are being supported by the taxpayers, that is made up garbage.

If all of the illegals here in Florida left, our economy would be done. No more orange juice for your breakfast.

One thing that will be tossed in this law is that if an illegal has a California drivers license it would be no good in Florida, they have no legal basis for that. They probably could say that no California licenses are valid in Florida, but that would open up a big can of worms.

• Haha

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Everything you said is correct except that they are being supported by the taxpayers, that is made up garbage.
"Made up garbage"?? Seriously? I don't know where you got that piece of fantasy, but you might want to look for other sources. These illegals come here with nothing but the clothes on their backs. Common sense would require us to ask who is paying for their housing, food, clothing, medical care, cell phones, transportation to their destination of choice, etc. Why do you think the mayors of Chicago, NYC, San Francisco and various states like TX and AZ are howling about being overrun by illegal aliens? It's because they're running out of TAXPAYER DOLLARS to pay for accommodations like the now infamous hotel used to house them downtown Manhattan.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
What happened to my body my choice.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That already happens, years ago the doctor my mom went to wanted her to quit smoking, and after a couple of years that she didnt, he said to find another doctor, he wasnt going to treat her any more.

I see this with my wife too, as soon as they find out she had gastric bypass its like they think she is not worth their time.
Could be they don’t specialize in certain treatments for those conditions.
Also, there is a difference between not treating someone because they won’t get the shot and not treating someone who wants to get cosmetic surgery. Especially since a doctor could reasonably believe that the surgery could exacerbate the mental illness.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"Made up garbage"?? Seriously? I don't know where you got that piece of fantasy, but you might want to look for other sources. These illegals come here with nothing but the clothes on their backs. Common sense would require us to ask who is paying for their housing, food, clothing, medical care, cell phones, transportation to their destination of choice, etc. Why do you think the mayors of Chicago, NYC, San Francisco and various states like TX and AZ are howling about being overrun by illegal aliens? It's because they're running out of TAXPAYER DOLLARS to pay for accommodations like the now infamous hotel used to house them downtown Manhattan.

Unlike a lot of lazy americans, they actually work, they dont get paid much, but they do work for a living. If the cities are paying for hotel rooms when they get here, its not for long, after they find work, they are good at finding a place to live. Usually they have to settle for unusual housing like multiple families in one small apartment, but that is what they do.

• Haha