Death by DeSantis

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Research what it takes to make those so called batteries in electric vehicles.....the rare earth material needed is more dangerous to the environment than any gas or diesel engine.

Reactions: muttly

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Research what it takes to make those so called batteries in electric vehicles.....the rare earth material needed is more dangerous to the environment than any gas or diesel engine.
Yes, it is more damaging to the environment that oil, but its mined once, rather than continually like oil needs to be. Over the course of the vehicles lifetime the electric car is way better for the environment.

But I get it, most people are too impatient to deal with an electric.... it takes how long to charge it????? I can fill my tank in 5 minutes and be back on the road.....

• Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
That battery does more damage to the environment if it catches fire than 1000 gas or diesel engines.....the toxic fumes can kill and do serous lung damage and you don't have to be close to it.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That battery does more damage to the environment if it catches fire than 1000 gas or diesel engines.....the toxic fumes can kill and do serous lung damage and you don't have to be close to it.
Cant disagree with that, going to have to find a better way to deal with the batteries that catch on fire when they are damaged in an accident.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
DeSantis Signs Bill Lowering FL Death-Penalty Threshold

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a bill Thursday that will no longer require unanimous jury recommendations for judges to impose death-penalty sentences.

This one troubles me. They're letting a single case (Parkland school shooting) influence outcomes in all others. The signing-ceremony picture, in which people are all smiles because they're making it easier for the government to kill someone, is unsettling.

There are multiple cases where people have been sentenced to death by a jury and later exonerated by DNA evidence. When we're talking about killing someone, we're talking about something that cannot be undone.

I'm not 100% opposed to the death penalty, but it is something that should be approached with extreme caution. Making it possible to kill someone with n 8-4 jury vote is unwise, I believe.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
DeSantis Signs Bill Lowering FL Death-Penalty Threshold

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a bill Thursday that will no longer require unanimous jury recommendations for judges to impose death-penalty sentences.

This one troubles me. They're letting a single case (Parkland school shooting) influence outcomes in all others. The signing-ceremony picture, in which people are all smiles because they're making it easier for the government to kill someone, is unsettling.

There are multiple cases where people have been sentenced to death by a jury and later exonerated by DNA evidence. When we're talking about killing someone, we're talking about something that cannot be undone.

I'm not 100% opposed to the death penalty, but it is something that should be approached with extreme caution. Making it possible to kill someone with n 8-4 jury vote is unwise, I believe.

But if they have proven beyond a reasonable doubt....throw that switch!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
But if they have proven beyond a reasonable doubt....throw that switch!
The cases in which people have been freed from death row because they were exonerated by DNA evidence or other facts that later came to light were also found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. They were innocent. Would you kill them too?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
The cases in which people have been freed from death row because they were exonerated by DNA evidence or other facts that later came to light were also found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. They were innocent. Would you kill them too?
Better to make a mistake than let a killer run free and kill again.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The DeSantis v. Disney Rounds

It seems the DeSantis/Disney feud did not end when DeSantis had his legislative buddies pass the Reedy Creek law. It seems that was only the beginning, and DeSantis won Round 1.

Then Disney caught DeSantis totally flat-footed; blindsiding him with a maneuver that pretty much neutralized DeSantis's prized tourism oversight board. Round 2 went to Disney and left DeSantis humiliated on his book tour as the Disney component of his stump speech and chapter in his book became irrelevant if not laughable.

With both sides very much in the fight, Round 3 is now underway. DeSantis is talking about converting land around Disney into a rival amusement park or a new prison. He's talking, but so far that's all it is ... talk. Disney has seemingly concluded that the pro-DeSantis Republicans have overplayed their hand and Disney no longer has anything to lose by pulling their punches.

Now believing the DeSantis corner will never come around to playing nice with Disney, Disney -- Florida's largest employer and a multi-billion-dollar juggernaut -- has started flexing its muscles and is now in this fight with everything it has. Disney fired its CEO soon after the feud first surfaced and a quiet period followed. It than seemed DeSantis had indeed scored a major victory in the culture war fight he started with Disney.

But as things now are, it seems Disney got rid of one CEO to bring in a stronger and more strategic fighter. While DeSantis touted his Round 1 victory and his supporters cheered, Disney crafted its Round 2 and Round 3 plans; and their intent is now evident.

In Round 3, there have been developments that favor Disney.

(1) Republicans not in the DeSantis corner (including Christie, Pence and Trump and others) have begun to publicly criticize DeSantis for taking non-Republican and non-conservative, anti-business actions against Disney.

(2) There is evidence that some pro-DeSantis FL state legislators are growing weary of carrying DeSantis's anti-Disney water. While they initially went along, they too think DeSantis's actions are anti-business and anti-Republican. The evidence is the slowed pace at which DeSantis's desired bills are moving through the legislative process, and reports from people who are personally acquainted with these legislators saying that's what is going on.

(3) Disney is flexing its muscles in the Florida legislature. It has mobilized its lobbyists to keep tabs on any and all anti-Disney bills and instructed those lobbyists to aggressively work against them (Source).

(4) It is now crystal clear that DeSantis's actions have had no effect on Disney's company values and its willingness to express them. The company is hosting an LGBTQ workplace summit in the fall and it also announced a June “Pride Nite” event celebrating the LGBTQ community. (Source)

There will be more rounds but this is how the fight has gone so far. Round 1: DeSantis. Round 2: Disney. Round 3: Underway, advantage Disney.

DeSantis started this fight and Disney, now fully committed to the battle seems intent on finishing it. Disney no longer worries about offending the conservatives (if they ever did). They're in it to win it and if that means destroying DeSantis, that's the way it will be.

Short Story: DeSantis's decision to take on Disney was a monumental and possibly fatal political blunder.

Last edited:
  • Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter

Its about time, what took you so long.
I think he was busy on his book tour and Washington trip to court endorsements (returned empty handed).

And, by the way, Mr. DeSantis, if you are going to court endorsements, it helps to officially enter the race.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's amusing to watch the DeSantis haters( or at least the dislikers) so disappointed that he hasn't knocked Trump down a few notches in the polls. This wasn't how it was supposed to be.
They were expecting much more than this. Oh well, they still have their " investigations" to cling to instead. Trump had me cracking up in a speech he gave recently where he said that the Dems all say they want to go up against Trump in the election, but at the same time are doing anything they can so they don't have to run against him with the witch hunts. Which is it Dems? Make up your mind.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Disney Escalates Fight With DeSantis

“The government action was patently retaliatory, patently anti-business, and patently unconstitutional,” Disney alleged in the civil complaint in U.S. District Court in northern Florida.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Why is Trump Running Anti-DeSantis TV Ads?

I've seen the ads on Florida TV a few times now. They are political attack ads against DeSantis run by Trump or super-PACS supporting Trump.

DeSantis is not yet a declared presidential candidate and his current placement in the polls puts him far behind Trump in a hypothetical Trump/DeSantis matchup.

These people are spending millions on these ads. It makes little sense to me. Why are they doing this?