Dash cam

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
It is set in 10 minute intervals depending on how large of an sd card you have in it.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

moose

Veteran Expediter
How dose dash cams, and other installed recorders works with security loads.
like many others here, i have been dispatched for PU/Del. in high security locations.
i was asked to turn in cellphone, lapTop and others.
but never been asked to turn in bumper cams, dash cams, back up cams, or side recorders.
is it because they yet to recognized the risk?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How dose dash cams, and other installed recorders works with security loads.
like many others here, i have been dispatched for PU/Del. in high security locations.
i was asked to turn in cellphone, lapTop and others.
but never been asked to turn in bumper cams, dash cams, back up cams, or side recorders.
is it because they yet to recognized the risk?

I have asked that question at several military bases and not one could give me an answer. I can see where, some day down the road, they are made mandatory. It would be interesting to see how it is handled. What if they are not the portable type? An entire system, hard wired in. Can't take them off. Interesting problem.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Those places generally ask for all cameras.
If it'll capture an image, still or video, it should be turned in.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I've noticed a lot of facilities are putting an unloading area near the gate so we don't have to travel very far into the facility.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
This thread brings up a good point.
We've all seen helmet cams used by bikers.

How about the official OOIDA SMILE OFFICER CAMERA HAT to record police interactions.

They record us, so why not ?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you had to, you'd find a way :)

I don't carry a ladder to reach a back up camera. It is interesting. Hard wired systems are out there. I wish I could afford one. IF I ever build a new truck it will have a 5 camera system, with recording.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would even consider a 6 camera system with two in the cargo box. One facing forward and one facing the doors. One forward, one back up and two side cameras.