$#&*^% DARN IT!!!!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
But isn't part of "businessman" being that you get ahead of your competition?

When Highway Star and I are in the same freight zone, we are after the same freight. I would say we're competitors... but friends first.

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Geez Hawk, I guess I'm going to have to play things a bit closer to the vest.:+ Actually, since we have a rotation I wouldn't look at you as a competitor even if I was parked next to you. Your 24' box might bump you ahead of me, or the bigger inner dimensions and door opening of mine could get me ahead of you.

Companies may be competitors, but I see drivers as all being in the same boat. I've given jump starts, advice, ect., to people I didn't even know. What Layoutshooter got here is the way it should out in the field, IMHO. Of course, I've met people who very strongly believe the opposite to be true. I generally find those folks to be people I'd just rather not be around.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I want to thank everyone again for all the concern and help. With your help we are able to unload in the morning and then get to a repair shop without being forced into making choices. I am glad that so many in here put the person first, my kind of people. Layoutshooter

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
WE MADE IT!!! Delivered early, will grab a bite then off to the Detroit Diesel shop to see about fixing this thing Thanks to all again. Layoutshooter

PinballWizard

Expert Expediter
Don't let them install a new oil pan, unless its very inexpensive which I doubt it is. Any good mechanic will have a Heli-coil set and will be able to make it better than new using that. Or, any good welder will be able to use low-melt aluminum rods and fill / tap a new hole.

-Brandon