Dallas, TX

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Ya know, My wife and I have been doing this business for over 4 years now and have been waked or bothered by prostitutes 3 times. We like to stay at the J in dallas on IH 20.. find it to be as good as most and plenty better than others. They also have Shorepower service which saves us money, even over an APU. I also think that if you find a 300lb man changing his clothes you should probably avert your eyes and not watch... just saying. He obviously managed to pay no attention to you watching him, maybe you should have asked him what his secret is that he has such ability..

I walked around the corner and there he was butt naked...I quickly turned back around, but it was too late! I will say when the manager confronted him he was either on drugs, drunk or just mentally unstable...he wasn't coherent at all.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Ya know, My wife and I have been doing this business for over 4 years now and have been waked or bothered by prostitutes 3 times. We like to stay at the J in dallas on IH 20.. find it to be as good as most and plenty better than others. They also have Shorepower service which saves us money, even over an APU. I also think that if you find a 300lb man changing his clothes you should probably avert your eyes and not watch... just saying. He obviously managed to pay no attention to you watching him, maybe you should have asked him what his secret is that he has such ability..

I'm being serious when I say I have been bothered 3 times in 1 night when I was there by myself, when I had my wife with me it only happened once. If the ladies of the evening see you have a woman with you they aren't likely to bother you. Sometimes the truck stops in Dallas get cleaned up a little, usually after a murder or robbery the cops swarm the place.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I have to agree, once we pulled up to the Petro in Racine and I was asleep in the bunk. He parked, put up the shades and about 5 minutes later came a knock on the door. I think she was a little surprised when I came out of the bunk and said he's got what he needs! Lol!
When I'm walking by myself to the truck stop generally more men make comments and vice versa. Bothering a couple if your a lot lizard will increase the odds of someone complaining and you getting caught.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

TonyD

Active Expediter
We stayed North. Nice one. No problems. Not at pilot in Memphis. Let's see how this goes. She does get comments if she walks by herself.

malthom

Rookie Expediter
TonyD are you at the Pilot in Memphis now. I am parked there a

Better to say job well done THAN say well said.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I walked around the corner and there he was butt naked...I quickly turned back around, but it was too late! I will say when the manager confronted him he was either on drugs, drunk or just mentally unstable...he wasn't coherent at all.

DON'T LOOK, ETHEL!!! But it was too late. She had already been mooned.

ScottInBama

Expert Expediter
Driver
You've never tried to sleep [in the front lot] when the race is over, and all the young race fans show up in their own fastmobiles - the party goes on for quite awhile.
On the plus side, there's a wonderful Mexican restaurant [Mercado Juarez] at exit 53 on 35W, with room for S/T parking. The carnitas are excellent.
Gotta love those crazy race fans! Went to Talladega once upon a time; never again. The scene you just described is totally accurate and disgusting. Stayed a weekend at the Motel 6 down by racetrack and it was actually very nice. Not really a fan of Motel 6 but this one was actually very nice. Making note on the Mexican grub and will check out next time. Take care Cheri!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Gotta love those crazy race fans! Went to Talladega once upon a time; never again. The scene you just described is totally accurate and disgusting. Stayed a weekend at the Motel 6 down by racetrack and it was actually very nice. Not really a fan of Motel 6 but this one was actually very nice. Making note on the Mexican grub and will check out next time. Take care Cheri!

I had my fill of NASCAR fans when I worked at Cabela's. They would come into the store, drunk, dirty and stinky. One of their favorite fun things to do was to use display boots as spittoons. Nothing better for keeping down prices than having to throw away boots that cost hundreds of dollars. What got me is that even after all the trouble we had the first year Cabela's continued to run buses from the track to the store. It was the same story every race that I was there for.

NightDriver

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Scary = the Atlanta Petro, the South Baltimore TA, and any truckstop within 50 miles of Memphis. South Dallas? Not so much for me.

Of course, someone recently portrayed peaceful, bucolic Pembroke, NY as a den of violence and all things evil, so all venues are potential nightmares for someone, I guess.