Dallas/Ft Worth

Kat123

Seasoned Expediter
Ran into someone that has been sitting in the Dallas area since the 9th of this month waiting for a load. He was offered a run of 1346 miles from OK and then onto MI for 83 cents for all miles including DH. He turned it down, but is still waiting to get out of there. He is a new driver, and asked how long he should wait and where should he go to be in a better area. I told him I've never had any trouble getting out of that area. Thought I'd ask if any of you had any suggestions or comments for him.
Kat

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
What type of truck? Was the driver with a smaller company that has little or no business out of the area? There's got to be more to this story. He could be out of service for a number of reasons and not even know it. His carrier should be better able to give him better adive for his carriers situation.

Kat123

Seasoned Expediter
Terry and Rene I believe he is with a smaller co. and it was a straight truck with a 22' box. Didn't really say anything about any other reason to be out of service. He's only been with them for a couple of months though.
Kat

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Assuming he's been staying in touch with dispatch, I'd suggest he find himself a mentor, (someone who knows how his carrier works), really, really soon. :(

csands007

Seasoned Expediter
A month and half ago at Flying J in Dallas, there were 3 landstars cargo vans (one had 10 years with them) 1 landstar sprinter all there 6 days (All turn down one load that was offered to them at $1.00 mile plus FSC), two fex ed sprinters 4 days, one Nations cargo van ( left after 5 days), myself for 6 days before I dead headed back to Dayton (I would gladly took the landstar load they offered their drivers). Had around 5 panther ii come and go during time there. Also CM trucking had a cargo van there for 6 days too before I left. So on way home went by West Memphis, it appears like a reuion for cargo vans so kept going to Nashville, we had two of ours there so went on to Dayton. Now indepedent on my own and still sit. LOL