Countdown is on A1

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I haven't even got the iceroadtrucker decoder ring yet alone the mxzane 933 decoder. Can't we all just go back to English?:confused::confused:

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL... If you were a dirt bike racing fan you'd get it. He's referring to Anahiem 1, the first race of the Supercross season this Saturday night.

I'm picking Stewart. Without knowing where everyone's at yet, he seems like a good choice. Of course, a Dungey win would be very cool since, you know, a move to KTM has never been any good for anyone.

Zane, I read "Ask Ping" this morning and thought of your machete story. That story in the hands of Pingree? I think it'd be gold!! I wouldn't send it in, but if you did...

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
LOL... If you were a dirt bike racing fan you'd get it. He's referring to Anahiem 1, the first race of the Supercross season this Saturday night.

I'm picking Stewart. Without knowing where everyone's at yet, he seems like a good choice. Of course, a Dungey win would be very cool since, you know, a move to KTM has never been any good for anyone.

Zane, I read "Ask Ping" this morning and thought of your machete story. That story in the hands of Pingree? I think it'd be gold!! I wouldn't send it in, but if you did...

Aww crap, now I gotta get a highway star decoder.:(

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Of course, a Dungey win would be very cool since, you know, a move to KTM has never been any good for anyone.

Well I was doing fine with your explanation till I got to this part.:D

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Lol send it its already went viral in the mx scene. This weekend im strappin itome then gonna whipit and pull it out and geta sweet pic and default it on here for all my liberal best eo budds lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well I was doing fine with your explanation till I got to this part.:D

KTM is an Austrian motorcycle manufacturer. Ryan Dungey is a past champion and is riding for them this year. They've yet to do well in pro racing in the States, but that may well change.

David Pingree is a columnist for Racer X Illustrated magazine and their website, as well as a former pro racer. On the website, he responds to letters sent in by readers. The machete story would feed his sarcastic wit very well.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
KTM is an Austrian motorcycle manufacturer. Ryan Dungey is a past champion and is riding for them this year. They've yet to do well in pro racing in the States, but that may well change.

David Pingree is a columnist for Racer X Illustrated magazine and their website, as well as a former pro racer. On the website, he responds to letters sent in by readers. The machete story would feed his sarcastic wit very well.

Thanks star, I now feel that I have enough knowledge about MX racing to go and get my pro license and throw that in the faces of the local police.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks star, I now feel that I have enough knowledge about MX racing to go and get my pro license and throw that in the faces of the local police.

I lied i don't ride and am not a pro and have no professional license.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They have those?

Yep. It's not as big as NASCAR, but it's growing slowly and steady. Supercross can draw 65,000 people. An outdoor national can draw 25,000+. The fan base leans towards people that ride, or race at the amateur level, or have some kind of connection through friends or family, as opposed to NASCAR, which draws a more casual fan base.

The problem with drawing that casual fan base can be summed up with the first line of the article on the back page of this weekends USA Today about the start of the Supercross season. "In a sport beset with persistent injuries and perennial dominance,...". For years there was one dominant rider. A guy that was in a class all his own. It would be, for the most part, a foregone conclusion who would likely win. The close racing would be somewhere behind the winner. We've seen that change the last couple of years. This year, 5 guys are true, legit contenders, with a few others that can be a factor on a good night.

It's a dangerous sport, so injuries will happen. I don't have a favorite rider, I just like good racing. Generally, race fans like to have a guy to root for. When someones favorite rider gets injured and is out for the season, they'll quickly lose interest.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Yep. It's not as big as NASCAR, but it's growing slowly and steady. Supercross can draw 65,000 people. An outdoor national can draw 25,000+. The fan base leans towards people that ride, or race at the amateur level, or have some kind of connection through friends or family, as opposed to NASCAR, which draws a more casual fan base.

The problem with drawing that casual fan base can be summed up with the first line of the article on the back page of this weekends USA Today about the start of the Supercross season. "In a sport beset with persistent injuries and perennial dominance,...". For years there was one dominant rider. A guy that was in a class all his own. It would be, for the most part, a foregone conclusion who would likely win. The close racing would be somewhere behind the winner. We've seen that change the last couple of years. This year, 5 guys are true, legit contenders, with a few others that can be a factor on a good night.

It's a dangerous sport, so injuries will happen. I don't have a favorite rider, I just like good racing. Generally, race fans like to have a guy to root for. When someones favorite rider gets injured and is out for the season, they'll quickly lose interest.

Good job. And also is the most underpaid profession there is to.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
No where near the most underpaid profession.

It seems that it is the expense and fan base that makes it seem that way

But there is more motorcycle racing that happens world wide that attract more people than mx