Could be one of the most Expensive Hunting trips ever.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Looking at some of those photos just keeps making me think I really really need a Dozer at the house..Dang stuff grows faster then ya can beat it back..LOL

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Looking at some of those photos just keeps making me think I really really need a Dozer at the house..Dang stuff grows faster then ya can beat it back..LOL

It does take some looking after. I doubt that you have the kind of trees there that would produce a crown fire. The Jack Pines up north will in extreme years but it's not normal.

How is the water levels there? Our area has had almost 9" more rain than normal for the summer. Ponds are full.

You been out?

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Last I heard our lil honey hole was dry but Im finding it hard to beleive with all the rain we just had the last few weeks, I havnt been over there and am hoping they just dont see it due to the amount of grass and weeds growing..As things die back Im hoping it will show up in time for duck season..
Nope I havnt been out yet..Alpha feilds are suppose to get the third cutting this week if weather holds up and hopefully the birds will lock on to them..Corn not coming off early this year.
Was home last weekend for sunday and monday but had to much to do around the house and the with the truck..Had to install a new fridge which meant reworking the cabinets a bit, plus had to do wheel bearings on the steer axle.
Now I gotta rebuild the check book..LOL

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I understand.

Pointe Mouillee is a week from this Sat. I am taking my Dad in Monday for cataract removal. So I will be home starting tomorrow. Doubt if I will hunt, may fish if I get the chance. The festival work comes first though.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Fishing...Starting to feel like I forgot what a fish looks like..I did loan my tackle box to Son/inlaw, Daughter and the kids for last weekend and got it back tipped over with the contents spilled out in the trunk of their car..So thats another thing I need to do.

Am planning on making it over there to the festival..Not sure on how much time Ill have or who will be with me,,, but will try to give ya a few hours of labor if you need help with something..See ya there.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Fishing...Starting to feel like I forgot what a fish looks like..I did loan my tackle box to Son/inlaw, Daughter and the kids for last weekend and got it back tipped over with the contents spilled out in the trunk of their car..So thats another thing I need to do.:rolleyes:

It never ends, does it? :p

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I wanna get a book or two of the raffle tickets to sell..Who do I contact? Tracy?
How many tickets to a pack? Are they still Available? Im sure I can burn up a bunch just in the family/freinds group..

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wanna get a book or two of the raffle tickets to sell..Who do I contact? Tracy?
How many tickets to a pack? Are they still Available? Im sure I can burn up a bunch just in the family/freinds group..

Dave Shefferly.

Jan says she sent you an Exel file with all the chapter contact info. Do you still have it? If not, she says she will resend it to you.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yep I have the List..Not sure he will know me or not but I will contact him. Thanks

Great. Just explain who you are, he will likely recall. IF you have a problem, have him call me or Jan.

We be outta here. Just cannot sit in this motel room another second without losing it! :eek:

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
How about this for expense. I'm listening to a radio program about hunting. Up front I don't hunt. Some people are allowed to hunt my property, mainly because the eat what they kill. Now back to the radio program. The host is touting a hand held infrared device, about the size of a digital camera for night hunting. $5000.00. Which he said "will allow the hunter to distinguish between a human, horse, cow or barn" The only hunters(?) around here who hunt at night are "jacking" deer. Cutting off the head and leaving carcass in the road or where ever the animal falls.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Only takes a few to give off a bad image doesn't it.. I could see a use for one for scoping out your area but they still need to hold off for shooting hours.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
On another note..When stumbling up on remains of a carcasses one should not always assume that it was poached.. At times we do return the carcass back to the woods or rivers edge..Kinda just feeding the food chain..Not every time but we have done it..Now with just the head missing that does raise a few questions.:D
From time to time we have left what's left of processing waterfowl near the house just for our viewing pleasure to see what it may draw in.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I have no doubt there are responsible hunters. Last winter. There is a older widow lady on the West side of my property. A Sunday night late I hear a shot, loud close to the house. Monday morning I get a call "Mr, Chaffey could you come over here." Her drive is up hill towards her home. In the drive close to the road is the carcass of a good size buck minus his head. A mile and a half up the road walking the dogs are two more headless deer about fifty feet into the woods.
Personally I feel if your going to kill something you ought to harvest as much as possible from it.