company question

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nothing wrong with craigslist. But when that seems to be the only place a company can be found, that would concern me.

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App

Dispatcher03

Not a Member
Sorry bout that.

I was with them since the beginning of 06. Left them this past summer. You may be right about them not always having cvs. They told me they have them to keep the customers happy. However, they were moving vans great around Aug, like everyone else did. Also, they pay one of the highest van rates. Not so good with vans? Unless they recently crapped the bed, I don't think they're doing any worse than good. Might be your friends... I dunno.

Yes, they're very good with straights. When certain people mention xxx and yyy has the best CEO and/or dispatch in the biz; they have never dealt with Cal and his crew.

BTW... I apologize for calling your post caca. Parts just didn't sound right when I read it the first time.

Cal is the shizzle. By the way, Cargo Vans are a "Keep the customers happy" vehicle. Nobody really plans to make profits on them, well, we make profits on them by hoping the customer will book us a much more profitable load, or give us a straight truck load later. But yeah back to C&M, Cal is the man, although I deal with Kern at night and I am not a big fan of his "The whole world just raped me" sound, but everybody else there is cool.

michell1985

Seasoned Expediter
my husband and I drive a 24ft. straight truck and in need of help. We are looking at land star and asking for feed back. We don't see them on the road and did not know if they have lodes for Expedite or not? Are we going to just pay the bills or make a living? What can you say about them good and bad we need both sides Thank you

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Landstar? That's that company with the blue star thing, right?

Seriously, it is a good company for those who are willing to learn the business, it is between being independent and being a contractor with the other companies.

The system is simpler than many out there, you don't get loads from the company, you get it right from the sales organization (agents) and you build relationships with those agents, not with the company.

They do have expedited loads but that may not be what you get - either way if it matters for you to have the prestige of having an expedited load, then you should not have a problem.

The nice thing is that you don't have to accept a load and stats don't count against you. If you want to go out of service, you go out of service. If you don't want the load, you don't take the load. There isn't a board position to worry about, there isn't a big brother watching your ever move.

michell1985

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for info.
I would like here more opinions . we going to change from small
company , witch do not work for us. We do not see landstar on road to much ? how many straight trucks do they have.
is it easy or harder to deal with agents ? so far we only dealt with company dispatchers,

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It depends, it can be really a pita (can I say that?) with some agents but you can get a lot who do a good job keeping an eye out for you when you reach out to them.

It is not really like other companies, there is no "board" or first in first out system and a few who tried the company found the idea of 'fairness' in other companies just doesn't exist unless you want it to - in other words you have to work for it with different things and many didn't want to work for it.

A 22 to 24 foot box with some weight carrying capacity should do good there.

michell1985

Seasoned Expediter
:)thank you for your input. that giving us some perspective.

?, can we work with few agents at a some time ?

we looking to hit mark 4-5000 mil/ week as team , for a right $,
i mean , so far, with present company we get 1-1.05 $/m +FSC ,
we can not get more than 2000m/w.

? except ; FED EX, Panthers, E-1, is there any company who can
get us to that level at present time.

thanks for your time

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Harley,

I wouldn't base my whole perspective of N & M on what the "peanut gallery" has said on here. First off, if they don't know them, it's really hard to comment on them, good or bad. Carriers use Craigslist when they want to recruit regionally, rather than nationwide at one time. Don't let these guys fool you. ALL carriers have regional strengths and weaknesses. Why are there so many expediters living in OH, MI and IN? Because that is the market strength of the Big Three.

If you liked what you heard from N & M and have no concrete negative FACTS to detour you, then give them a shot.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
I don't see them listed on Safer
CARRIER/DBA NAME LOCATION

N & M TRUCKING SPEARFISH, SD
N & M TRUCKING CRYSTAL SPRINGS, MS
N & M TRUCKING ODESSA, TX
N & M TRUCKING ODENVILLE, AL
N & M TRUCKING INC STONE PARK, IL
N & M TRUCKING INC COLUMBIA, MS
N & M TRUCKING INC ASTORIA, NY

Thanks,
HotFr8recruiter

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I don't see them listed on Safer
CARRIER/DBA NAME LOCATION

N & M TRUCKING SPEARFISH, SD
N & M TRUCKING CRYSTAL SPRINGS, MS
N & M TRUCKING ODESSA, TX
N & M TRUCKING ODENVILLE, AL
N & M TRUCKING INC STONE PARK, IL
N & M TRUCKING INC COLUMBIA, MS
N & M TRUCKING INC ASTORIA, NY

Thanks,
HotFr8recruiter

MC-720039 is the carrier.

NMTRANSPORT

Seasoned Expediter
MC-720039 is the carrier.

the name of our company is N & M TRANSPORTATION CORP WERE OUT OF PARMA OHIO WHICH IS 5 MILES FROM CLEVELAND WERE JUAT LOOKING FOR SOME GOOD DRIVERS TO HALL FREIGHT FOR US WE USE LOAD BORDS AND WE ALSO HAVE COSTUMERS WHO CALL US LOOKING FOR TRUCKS WE DONT BROKER ANY THING OUT I POSTED A ADD ON HEAR FOR DRIVERS AND I POST ON CL

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
In regards to this N&M company.
On another thread someone by the name of Jessica from N&M is wanting to know where to find load boards.
Another thread their wanting to know if an operator is going to send them paperwork from a month ago.
Another thread had some attitude about it and their company name.

I don't think EO forum is the place to air laundry about paperwork from the carrier side to a contractor. I suggest CALLING them and ask them in person.
If your in the Expedite business and don't know about where to find load boards, your not doing very well.
If you want to cop an attitude with the Expediters on this forum you may have put yourself out of business.
Getting hold of someones MC# is quite easy. If you don't broker (as you have stated) then leasing with your company doesn't sound to profitable.
Sounds like a lot of tension in Cleveland.:cool::cool:
I may suggest you read threads from other owners who contribute to EO and learn from them.
All in all have a nice day.:D