Canada Come on in...

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Well it took us almost six years...but we finally have added a much desired forum to our EO Open Forum line up.

RobA has agreed to moderate this forum. Rob has a wealth of customs knowledge and he is also a Charter Member on this site.

You don't have to be from Canada to post here. Any expediter that has been in this business for any amount of time spends a considerable amount of time in Canada.

So come on in, kick your feet and enjoy a cup of Tim Horton's on me.
...what I would do for a maple dip or a walnut crunch.... :7

http://www.timhortons.com/english/images/6pack.jpg

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Education is the best defense against the media.

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
>So come on in, kick your feet and enjoy a cup of Tim
>Horton's on me.
>...what I would do for a maple dip or a walnut crunch.... :7
>
>http://www.timhortons.com/english/images/6pack.jpg
>
>
>Lawrence,
>Expediters Online.com
>
>
>

Hey Lawrence... you know we have those all over Ohio now don't ya? Methinks you need to take a run North..LOL...:7 :7 :7

Dreamer

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great addition to EO. Crossing the border is very intimidating the first couple times until you get comfortable with the procedures. I feel really sorry for the guys who come in the first time with no instruction at all from their company. They are told all they need is the invoice and have no clue what a manifest is. Also a word to first timers. The most common reason for problems clearing is problems with info on the invoice. You can save yourself a hassle by simply looking at the document and making sure everything is in order, country of origin, value, ect. Having the "it's not my job" attitude in this area is a problem just waiting to happen. Most of the time I've seen people upset because there's a problem it could have been easily avoided.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Those Timmies Doughnuts used to be the only reason I had to go to Canada.Now that Wendys owns them,they are comming to us.
PLEASE WENDYS KEEP UP THE QUALITY!!!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I get in trouble with the custard filled 'Timbits'.. LOL.. nothin like a snack pack with a cold pint of milk..:9 :9 :9 :9

Dreamer

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Dreamer,

North bound - Hammer down! LOL!!!

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I like running Canada almost as much as I like Southern runs... reason?

WAFFLE HOUSE!!!!!

Or as my wife and I say, Vaffle Hosen :9

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
I REALIZE THIS CANADIAN FORUM IS A NEW ADDITION, BUT ALREADY I SEE A GREAT AMOUNT OF INCORRECT INFORMATION. I HOPE THE NEWBIE MODERATOR WILL QUICKLY ADDRESS THIS SITUATION.

TIM HORTONS IS NOT THE BEST COFFEE, BECAUSE THAT TITLE IS OWNED HANDS DOWN BY DUNKIN DONUTS!!!

GO EAST COAST RUNS, DD ON EVERY CORNER!

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
WAFFLE HOUSE correction AWFULL HOUSE can't even get a cup of coffee with out the runs. Something about wiping that knife on the same rag that they wiped the wood counter where the chicken was. Ya Think
Other than that great institution.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Ok, I will agree Dunkin Donuts has good coffee. But it will have to be happy to be the # 2 coffee.;)

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Thanks For Visiting EO!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
never tried their coffee... only their steak n eggs. :9

What's the matter, Broom? You ask for your coffee with cream and sugar, and they gave it to ya smothered and covered? :7 :7 :7

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Good thing I knew how to clean bathrooms for a living Tennessehawk, know one ever knew. Until now. Go ahead I dare you Steak and Eggs make sure they put that meat on the wood you will see to. Hope your still busy out there. How about them Lions!! Sorry about Seattle.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Having spent much of my youth in the first Dunkin Donut shop in Quincy, Mass. I also vouch for their quality flavor. I believe it's in the use of good cream, for those of us that drink coffee regla. The beans are fresh ground and that's a plus also; although, now I think they come from India. Tim Horton, on the other hand, has great coffee, but only in Ontario. I think it's the lake Erie water.
In summary: In Canada Tim Horton's can't be beat; In the USofA, Tim can't hold a candle to Dunkin Donuts...and that's the truth!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep I agree with Terri...U. S Tims is NOT the same as Canuck Timmys It's gotta be the water...ALSO U.S. Timmys is more expense!

btbenn1039

Expert Expediter
At one time we did have a number of Dunkin Donuts in our neck of the Woods and then along came Tim Hortons. Mother Parker supplies Timmy's with the Beans and I'm sure they got to have additives to give us the craving for another cup. Now we have Krispie Kream making a Splash here. I do have to agree with TerryandRene (Rene) Dunkin Donut was the people's choice for the US and we Canadians have our Timmy's But as someone said being part of Wendy's thats Tim Hortons ticket to the States.
Until Next Time/Take Care Out There/Take Pride In Your Ride:* :*

Trucker don

Expert Expediter
Well we will have to change that. I bet there are more Timmies than Dunkin Donuts..Besides...In Burlington and Hamilton Ontario. We have a Timmies on most corners.Don't see Dunkins on very many corners let alone a place you can park a big truck.

>I REALIZE THIS CANADIAN FORUM IS A NEW ADDITION, BUT ALREADY
>I SEE A GREAT AMOUNT OF INCORRECT INFORMATION. I HOPE THE
>NEWBIE MODERATOR WILL QUICKLY ADDRESS THIS SITUATION.
>
>TIM HORTONS IS NOT THE BEST COFFEE, BECAUSE THAT TITLE IS
>OWNED HANDS DOWN BY DUNKIN DONUTS!!!
>
>GO EAST COAST RUNS, DD ON EVERY CORNER!

||','''|''''''\__ ,___
| Trucker_Don | |
| ||__|'__|___| |()))))))))))))))))
['''(@)'(@)"""''|(@)(@)

Catch me on the Road--or
-- on the Net
[email protected] :D :D

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Is it just me??? Been doing a bit of chatting on the donut subject, and I seriously can't find a soul north of the Mason-Dixon who likes Krispy Kremes:7 If they melt in your hand at 20 below in Buffalo, how do they survive down south? If sunlight hits them, do they disintigrate into a pinch of sugar? Or biodegrade like a stale balloon? Okay, I'm being a bit sarcastic here.. yet... I also wonder who eats those hot dogs that spin on metal rollers against a film of their own grease exposed to the direct air in the truckstops for God knows how long every day? The wonders of my life:D
-Weave-