Colorado ICE STROM

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I not only saw it, I was on a load from Kansas City to Denver Colorodo the night it hit. I almost went into the ditch twice, but I still made it to the consignee about 45 minutes ahead of schedule. But, man, I was not prepared for winter driving in october.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yup I did as well Came outa Denver CO heading East over the weekend. Friday Night all HECK broke loose after 10 pm eastern time. High winds ICE etc etc. Allot of Trucks etc
and Cars etc in the Ditches and Jackknifes as well.

Glad you made it through.

2czykats

Seasoned Expediter
My wife and I just moved to McCook, NE Friday. Had to take our moving truck driver to catch bus back to Kentucky Sat. morning in Colby,KS and was slick as hell. Took 4 hours to go 70 miles and back.

Delivered Penske truck to North Platte, NE Sunday and they had 17 inches of snow on ground. Hee in McCook still misty, foggy and cool but supposed to get in 60's and near 70 Thursday thru Sunday.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Iceman cometh here too..every blade of grass has a sheet of ice on it..my deck is a skating rink, and the ice is thickening on the car. Strangely enough, my cats are skating across the deck on their butts and don't seem to want to come into the warm..I guess that's why they're crazykats! :D

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Lots of safety happened for me. As soon as I slid sideways once, I parked the van until 10 o'clock in the morning and waited for the salt trucks to come. The roads cleared up and I barely made my 18:00 delivery. I am glad that my load had 24 hours on it. Because if it didn't, i'd have had to drive in the ice or risk my reputation with one of my companies partner carriers.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Because if it didn't, i'd have had to drive in the ice or risk my reputation with one of my companies partner carriers.

Actually I wasn't saying it about you but you brought up a very good point - there is no freight on earth that is that important to risk your business or safety of others. Your reputation is not just about getting freight from point a to point b, even the post office set limits.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
I have always told my Drivers that there Isn't anything in the Back of that Truck that is worth losing your life over and If they think that the weather is too bad then Put it to bed But Make sure they Call me and I will Deal with the Company! Fortunatley that's Only Happened Twice!! :D