Climate Change

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The earth is always in a constant state of "climate change". Sometimes warm, sometimes cold. Some periods in history are stormier than others. There are those today who wish to blame the changes on Man's activity, BUT, that does not explain ALL of the changes in the past.

THIS MIGHT and it very well could be affecting our weather. This is 100% natural, and LONG over due. We MAY be going into a reversal of our magnetic poles.

[h=1]What Will Happen When the Earth’s Magnetic Field Switches[/h]
"The Earth's magnetic field protects life on Earth, shielding it from damaging radiation and moderating our climate. So the idea that it could completely flip around, or collapse altogether, should cause us to worry, right? Well, yes and no."

http://gizmodo.com/what-will-happen-when-the-earth-s-magnetic-field-switch-1564164183

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Do you mean the natural, unavoidable, perpetual, cyclical shifting of the climate that has always and will always happen isn't the norm? :shocked:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Do you mean the natural, unavoidable, perpetual, cyclical shifting of the climate that has always and will always happen isn't the norm? :shocked:

Not according to ALGORE and the rest of the EvironWackos

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There have been, and there will always be, warm and cold cycles as long as the planet has an atmosphere. Man MAY be "enhancing" a warming cycle, that cycle has be ongoing for thousands of years. The earth is STILL in an ice age, one that we have been slowly coming out of, with a few bumps in the road, for about 50,000 years.

There will be a time, just has there has been before, when there are no glaciers and no ice at the poles. Then, in the fullness of time, it will all refreeze.

NONE of what we are seeing is new to the earth.

What is more out of the norm is the long period of time since the last switching of the magnetic poles, which may be now taking place. That could be interesting.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I agree on the the switching of the poles...that will be very interesting how that plays out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I agree on the the switching of the poles...that will be very interesting how that plays out

There are a lot of unknowns, it may have little effect and it could be very disruptive. Only time will tell.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So...all of this Co2 we are belching into the atmosphere has nothing to do with it??

When life deals you lemons, make lemonade. When life deals you lemons and CO2, make fizzy lemonade.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When life deals you lemons, make lemonade. When life deals you lemons and CO2, make fizzy lemonade.

FTR262.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I suppose I could make it complex by taking my compass apart and removing the needle. I could then paint the red end of the needle white and the white end red, then reassemble it.

That is one way. You COULD do it the "government" way. You could spent 50 million bucks on a "study", then when you don't like the outcome spend another 70 million for one that agrees with your agenda. THEN you can create bureaucracy to over see the implementation of an entire set of new government regulations, complete with fines and possible jail time, on how to handle a new compass.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"And the beat goes on, the beat goes on".

The cycles that always were, still are. Man just happens to drop in to them for a bit, then leaves.

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
So...all of this Co2 we are belching into the atmosphere has nothing to do with it??

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus

Anybody that suggests upending or bankrupting our way of life while China, India, 3rd world countries etc do almost nothing is insane. Every generation likes to believe they are the wise ones. I remember Los Angeles County in the 50's when we had outdoor burning, no auto polution controls and the Harbor was so contaminated you could almost walk on water! I believe in Common Sense solutions! Everytime scientists make a discovery in Space the comment is "this raises more questions than answers"? Whatis the point?!!! Spend vast amounts of money so children in adult bodies can pursue their hobbies at taxpayer expense?! PCV Valve was a great invention, inexpensive and cleaned the road surfaces. Big Al drives a Lincoln Town car that gets 25 + mpg with great comfort @ 70 mph.could buy a smaller car for better mpg but after sticker price, sales tax, higher insurance it will take me years to see a savings over my 99 Town Car. I am a Happy Camper and the Prius Snobs better be careful in a rain storm or they will drown. HAVING MORE FUN THEN I DESERVE! :D

Sent from my SCH-i705 using EO Forums mobile app

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In November 2000, Mother Earth went through a brief polarity change. Showing her disdain for Al Gore, she pulled off a poll reversal in Florida giving the state and presidency to George W. Bush.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In November 2000, Mother Earth went through a brief polarity change. Showing her disdain for Al Gore, she pulled off a poll reversal in Florida giving the state and presidency to George W. Bush.

That would mean that even Mother Earth has been forced into negative voting. Voting for the lessor of two evils, or, voting AGAINST one candidate. No useful choice in that election, what choice did she have?