Classic Movie Saturday

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's time for our weekly Classic Movie Saturday here at the pile of Rags.

We begin with the 1950 Jimmy Stewart classic Harvey, followed by Shenandoah from 1965.

Smiley31-1.gif

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Winner, winner chicken dinner... Now l have to change dinner plans - l want some fried chicken!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Harvey is a great movie. I'd have recorded it if I'd known ahead of time. In a couple of week's they are showing Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, another one of his good movies.

Reactions: Ragman

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, keep in mind that Mr. Smith isn't elected, casts no votes, passes no legislation, and prevails via the most undemocratic of Senate tactics: a filibuster. Smith wins in the end due to a successful appeal to public hysteria.

They sounds like a lot of Senators, frankly.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Whew! What a day. 5 movies in one day.
We saw Fiddler on the Roof, Stalig 17, The Great Escape, Serpico and John Wayne's The Cowboys.

Reactions: in-Transit

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Another Saturday is here to enjoy....

We've decided to make this a lite/funny day.

Our choices for today will include the ever popular comedy of Danny Kaye, starting with Wonder Man from 1945 and of course, The Court Jester from 1956.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's time for our Classic Movie Saturday. I'm sure you are waiting with baited breath for our choices. Without further ado, our choices are....

Sorry, Wrong Number with Barbara Stanwyck and Burt Lancaster...

And

Yellow Sky with Gregory Peck.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How ironic July 4th falls on Classic Movie Saturday. Guess there is no other way to start the day than by watching ....Yankee Doodle Dandy.

Reactions: mrgoodtude