Classic Movie Saturday

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Our second patriotic movie for today is still being chosen.
Any advice?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For today's edition of Classic Movie Saturday, we will be enjoying some of the finest sci-fi movies ever made, including but not limited to Forbidden Planet from 1956 and The Day the Earth Stood Still from 1951.

Na-nu na-nu. :droid:

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Didn't get to watch a movie Saturday I was watching Godzilla being played live by blue oyster cult, they are still a very good band!
This weekends movie will be Caddy Shack

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This weekends movie will be Caddy Shack
A classic indeed!

Rodney_Dance_Caddyshack1.gif

Reactions: TeamPaul

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Today's viewing will be disaster movies of the 1970's.

We will be starting with The Poseidon Adventure followed by the entire Airplane series (surely we will enjoy).

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've had this one for a while and never watched it. Maybe today. Although, I still need to finish watching the first (original) Planet of the Apes :D

The Inspector General

The Inspector General is a 1949 musical comedy film. It stars Danny Kaye and was directed by Henry Koster. The film also stars Walter Slezak, Gene Lockhart, Barbara Bates, Elsa Lanchester, Alan Hale Sr. and Rhys Williams. Original music by Sylvia Fine and Johnny Green.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've had this one for a while and never watched it. Maybe today. Although, I still need to finish watching the first (original) Planet of the Apes :D

The Inspector General

The Inspector General is a 1949 musical comedy film. It stars Danny Kaye and was directed by Henry Koster. The film also stars Walter Slezak, Gene Lockhart, Barbara Bates, Elsa Lanchester, Alan Hale Sr. and Rhys Williams. Original music by Sylvia Fine and Johnny Green.
Great classic!!

Reactions: RoadTime and Ragman

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Today's viewing will be disaster movies of the 1970's.

We will be starting with The Poseidon Adventure followed by the entire Airplane series (surely we will enjoy).
The entire Airplane series or Airport series?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Surely you caught my error. It was the Airport series.
Who's Surely? One would have to see the original Airport movie to fully appreciate Airplane. Which Airport movie had the stew Nancy?) flying the plane while Chuck Heston dangled from a rope trying to crawl through the broken windshield.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Who's Surely? One would have to see the original Airport movie to fully appreciate Airplane. Which Airport movie had the stew Nancy?) flying the plane while Chuck Heston dangled from a rope trying to crawl through the broken windshield.
That would be the first movie. Surely you knew that.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you certain. I guess if you just watched the series you should know. I thought the scene I described was from one of the latter ariport movies. And quit calling me Surely!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I only saw part of Airport 1975 on tv years ago. It was bad. You must see the original Airport.

Reactions: Turtle