Cargo Van CIS news!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is good news for folks in those two states. It may not change the rates but it can't help but improve the service. CIS is the best.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That is good news for folks in those two states. It may not change the rates but it can't help but improve the service. CIS is the best.
I personally wouldn't know Leo I never had to deal with them on any issues! Every progressive agent I talk to on the phone was very informative knowledgeable helpful !

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Maybe for some people they are the best, but not for me... Other agents gave me a $300/mo rate, while CIS asked for $1100/mo. And yes, all of 'em are going through Aggressive... oops, I meant Progressive...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got a very good rate from progressive and I would not hesitate for a second to go back to the mothership if CI S is ridiculously too high

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe for some people they are the best, but not for me... Other agents gave me a $300/mo rate, while CIS asked for $1100/mo. And yes, all of 'em are going through Aggressive... oops, I meant Progressive...

$1100 a month? Someone needs to get disruptive and start a Uber insuranceo_O

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I specifically said it might not change the rates, just service. CIS is excellent, always professional and friendly. I'm sure there are others who do an excellent job and I strongly suspect there are others not nearly as nice to work with as CIS.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I specifically said it might not change the rates, just service. CIS is excellent, always professional and friendly. I'm sure there are others who do an excellent job and I strongly suspect there are others not nearly as nice to work with as CIS.
They were really nice on the phone ...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does anybody know if Progressive is writing policies for new Panther units yet?

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner

Are you sure the coverages were the same ?
Can't believe an 800 $ difference. Something has to be outta whack. You should investigate !!

But I am biased !!!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

I would love to see the policies, coverage and classifications. I guarantee they won't match up. Agents don't just get to pick a price or mark up and carriers are not that far off on their pricing.

Cheap is great....but with that kind of price difference YOU should be the one concerned. Especially if you are honestly trying to have proper coverage.