Chicago math curriculum

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Chicago schools have come up with math curriculum that is useful to the student population in their everyday lives and which they actually want to learn.

Chicago Schools are finally starting to teach practical math that these kids can use in real-world situations!

NAME_______________ ___________________

GANG NAME_______________ ________

CRIB_______________ ___________________

1. Lajames has an AK-47 with a 200-round clip. He usually misses 6 of every 10 shots and he uses 13 rounds per drive-by shooting. How many mofos can Lajames ice on a drive-by before he gotta reload?

2. Willie has 2 ounces of cocaine. If he sells an 8 ball to Antonio for $320 and 2 grams to Juan for $85 per gram, what be the street value of the rest of his ****?

3. Dwayne pimps 3 ho's. If the price is $85 per trick, how many tricks per day must each ho turn to support Dwayne's $800 per day Crack habit?

4. Raul wants to cut the pound of cocaine he bought for $40,000 to make 20% profit. How many ounce bags will he need to make to gets the 20% upside?

5. Ray-Ray gets $2000 for a stolen BMW, $1500 for stealing a Corvette, and $1000 for a 4x4. If he steals 1 BMW, 2 Corvettes and 3 4x4's, how many more Corvettes must he steal to make the 10k for his brother's bail?

6. Pedro got 6 years for murder. He also got $10,000 for the hit. If his common-law wife spends $100 of his hit money per month, how much money will be left when he gets out?

7. If an average can of spray paint covers 22 square feet and the average letter is 3 square feet, how many letters can be sprayed with three 8 oz. Cans of spray paint with 20% paint left over?

8. Tyrone knocked up 4 girls in the gang. There be 20 girls in his gang. What be the percentage of *****es Tyrone knocked up?

9. Lafawnda is a lookout for the gang. Lafawnda also has a Boa Constrictor that eats 5 rats per week and a cost of $5 per rat. If Lafawnda makes $700 a week as a lookout, how many weeks can she feed her snake with one week's income?

10. Marvin wants to steals Juan's skateboard. As Marvin skates away at 15mph, Juan loads his 357 Magnum piece. If it takes Juan 20 seconds to load his piece, how far away will Marvin be when he gets whacked?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
South Sider from Chicago.

Thank you very very much! Now I've got that dumb song stuck in my head!
m.jpg

osumike33

Seasoned Expediter
Understood. South Sider from Chicago.
Until I was old enough to drive away.

Moved here when I should have known better....north sider, lake, beach and bike trail out the back door...not all terrible, that's for sure, but unfortunately the 'joke' is not far from the truth in a few areas.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We escaped from Detroit when I was four years old, thanks to my Dad's hard work. Glad he got us out of there, it is no longer fit for human habitation.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
nd this Thread has what to do with expediting?.....Nope no favortism by the mods here.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
200 round magazine, huh? That'd be one heavy mo-fo. Being that he'd have to prop it on the door to use it, and the magazine would be so big that he couldn't aim it (even the round Thompson drums/clips only held 100), he'd be confined to hitting only those that walked directly past his sights. So iow, he'd be only marginally more accurate than the gangsters there are now.

And while the Thompson was unusual in that it used drums/clips, others use magazines.

Last edited:

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
nd this Thread has what to do with expediting?.....Nope no favortism by the mods here.

This is the Soapbox ....
"Got something to say about politics, the state of the world, what's happening today, just need to express your opinion? Liberal? Conservative? You're welcomed here! Just keep it civil!"

:)

double6

Active Expediter
Still living in the Chicagoland area. I have to say that it's getting pretty darn scary. We live on the far south burbs. I don't see myself living here the rest of my life though. My dream would be Seattle, or somewhere out west around mountains. Also I was living directly in the city for a bit, and you had to watch your property (junkers would patrol the alleys and take anything that was made of metal) for scrap, even if it was not being thrown out. Also imho the police ranks area bit thin to respond to everything (in the city).

Dunno, it is getting scary though. Dont even get me started on the "leadership" of the city...The former mayor sold the parking rights to a foreign company for 75 years for around 1.5 billion...Now the new mayor has to deal with spiking parking prices. Oh well....

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Also imho the police ranks area bit thin to respond to everything (in the city).
They won't even respond to many calls. Pretty much has to be someone in your house with a weapon to ensure they'll respond, and last I heard, average response time was 23 minutes. Average, meaning it could easily be more. That's a long time when a rapist is in your home.
Dunno, it is getting scary though. Dont even get me started on the "leadership" of the city...The former mayor sold the parking rights to a foreign company for 75 years for around 1.5 billion...Now the new mayor has to deal with spiking parking prices. Oh well....
The new mayor shouldn't even be the mayor. The Demon-crats judge shopped until they found one who would rule that Emanuel was a resident. Legally, he wasn't.

As for metered parking, what cost .25/hr five years ago now costs $13/hr., and they just extended by 2 the hours per day the meters are in operation.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Have a relative that is a detective. Close to 30 years on the job.
Scary,scary stories.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is the Soapbox ....
"Got something to say about politics, the state of the world, what's happening today, just need to express your opinion? Liberal? Conservative? You're welcomed here! Just keep it civil!"

:)

Uh your little late I made this post when this thread was somewhere it didn't belong and someone finally moved it here. But thanks for playin.