Chevy extended or Chevy Unicell Aerocell

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
Hi. It is any pro buying an Unicell Aerocell van versus a regular extended Chevy van? 2006.Rough measurements on Unicell , cargo area are width 4'1" between bins, 6'4" without bins, 11' long. 6L V8 engine. Never had an Unicell so I don't know anything about this type of vans. It is same 11 foot cargo area so if you put a divider between the cargo area and the driver area you have the same 2 foot sleeper. Thanks

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
Sorry ,but check what? I found the van I post the dimensions. What other things should I check ? My question is if the unicell is better for expediting than the regular extended .Thx

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would check with your carrier or the carrier you would like to put the vehicle on with , as i know from my own experience that some are NOT taking on BOX type vans at this time. That is i went with the express 3500 ( 1 ton ) EXTENDED at this time. Remember its the CARRIERS that are going to find YOU loads not other DRIVERS .

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
lets see....std cv hgt is 48". hgt for the unicell is what 70"? instantly more frt options open for you.

e-1 recognizes this and charges for it and pays the owner. rate is a buck a mile vs $.70 cpm. what would your carrier offer pay wise differential? some companies do not offer a differential. why haul tall frt and not get paid for it?

is it the srw with swing doors or flip up doors?

there is a poster who has not posted in a while named diesel doctor who has one. he teams in with his wife. do a search for his name and posts. he had put together his numbers for the ownership time of the unit.

Last edited: