Ceva Logistics

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Is anyone familiar with this carrier? I had never heard of this company until a month or two ago and now I see sprinters and straight trucks with sleepers almost everyday with the Ceva logo. Is this an expedite carrier? Is it new?
They seem to be running an awful lot in Ohio.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is anyone familiar with this carrier? I had never heard of this company until a month or two ago and now I see sprinters and straight trucks with sleepers almost everyday with the Ceva logo. Is this an expredite carrier? Is it new?
They seem to be running an awful lot in Ohio.

Rock...Ceva is the old Eagle Global Logistics....EGL

Our last 3 loads have been 3rd party to them....

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
You find them around airports mostly. I've done a couple things for them, but mostly third party through another broker.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
ceva has been a fairly big player in 3pl for quite a while now. Chances are, many of you have run their freight for your company and didn't know it. They prolly got tired of the layers it took to git something done, or seen this as a way of maximizing profit in the downturn. Easy is'nt always better.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Ceva has recently opened up a expedite division. They used to be more air freight and local deliveries. I am starting with them in April

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Ceva has recently opened up a expedite division. They used to be more air freight and local deliveries. I am starting with them in April

I have received similar reports from other drivers. If you are at liberty to share, I am sure many readers would be interested to hear more about Ceva's expedite division.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Will do, as soon as I get more info. I do know they started up the expedite at the beginning of this year. Also, unlike many of the expedite companies they keep the smaller trucks(Cargo vans, Sprinter, and Straight trucks) regional. Sleepers are an option but not required.
Also they limit the number of trucks running out of their numerous crossdocks. I know driver oversaturation seems to be a common complaint among many drivers. Hopefully, they will keep that policy, so that everyone can make money. Only time will tell

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
That is true- they never advertised it, just word of mouth. I talked to them for some time, but I have a color issue. Your truck must be all white...but I doubt it is a gold mine there. Many of the straight trucks I have seen have no sleepers at all...

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
That is true most trucks don't have sleepers. Mostly regional runs with an occasional over night stay. The truck must be white. As far as if is a gold mine or not, it doesn't seem like most of the well known expedite companies are keeping the drivers busy.
Only time will tell if it will all work out.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i have been at ceva / egl for 6 year's we have always had expedite freight, i have done a few loads
but mostly 90% local 10 % expedite
last year did 3 loads out of town over night
we do alittle bit of everything
and nice thing here in hampton roads is it is a well run
operation they think before they jump into things

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
i have been at ceva / egl for 6 year's we have always had expedite freight, i have done a few loads
but mostly 90% local 10 % expedite
last year did 3 loads out of town over night
we do alittle bit of everything
and nice thing here in hampton roads is it is a well run
operation they think before they jump into things

In Nashville, the drivers are being asked to go home early with the slow down of freight. Plus they are on some kind of pay per load on the local stuff. I don't know the whole story, but heard them fussing about what it has become. But guess we could all fuss a little.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
In Nashville, the drivers are being asked to go home early with the slow down of freight. Plus they are on some kind of pay per load on the local stuff. I don't know the whole story, but heard them fussing about what it has become. But guess we could all fuss a little.

Truck drivers fussing like old ladies ... surely your making that up.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Will do, as soon as I get more info. I do know they started up the expedite at the beginning of this year. Also, unlike many of the expedite companies they keep the smaller trucks(Cargo vans, Sprinter, and Straight trucks) regional. Sleepers are an option but not required.
Also they limit the number of trucks running out of their numerous crossdocks. I know driver oversaturation seems to be a common complaint among many drivers. Hopefully, they will keep that policy, so that everyone can make money. Only time will tell

If keeping equipment and freight on par with one anuther is a goal of the company, then....i'd hope the contractors are intelligent enough to keep the dock cleared of freight. If not there'll be whining soon of toooo many trucks, again i'd imagine.

Seems to me that with contractors hanging round the same dock frequently, there would be a great opportunity for the contractors to kind of police themselves and help the company git rid of the "weak sisters" that are not gitt'in R done.