Censorship = "a positive waiting room experience"?!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Why a federally funded medical center blocked Fox News from waiting room TV?s - BizPac Review

According to the President of Family Health Clinics, that is.
I didn't put this in the Soapbox because it's not about politics - or rather, it shouldn't be. Medical care, decisions, and information should be free of political partisanship!
Censorship of the television stations in any public area for political reasons is just wrong, but it's especially troublesome in a medical setting.
I hope any EO members who visit any of the Family Health Care clinics in Michigan will tell Kathy Sather that this is not how we want things done in America.
I'm sending her a letter, but hearing from actual patients would be more effective, I'm sure.
If we don't value our freedoms, we deserve to lose them IMO.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Personally I'll let this slide...because in a way it is and should be a concern to all expeditors....but it IS CURRENT EVENTS which puts it in the Loading Dock area....But I am good with leaving it here......it IS political as well.....

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Totally agree that censorship of any kind is a bad idea regardless of what political party is involved. It is a growing concern with some of the stuff they are doing. Every agency seems to be in a major "step up" to control what is going on. Whether it is the IRS, FCC, FTC, NSA, they all seem to ignore anything constitutionally and just proceed.
Cheri and I agree so you know it isn't anything political.:cool:
On a side note today but equally disturbing, the government is making a play to go in and monitor news organizations. Is this a good idea? Especially when they are the ones that issue the network licenses.
Why the FCC should keep its nose out of TV newsrooms | Fox News

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Totally agree that censorship of any kind is a bad idea regardless of what political party is involved. It is a growing concern with some of the stuff they are doing. Every agency seems to be in a major "step up" to control what is going on. Whether it is the IRS, FCC, FTC, NSA, they all seem to ignore anything constitutionally and just proceed.
Cheri and I agree so you know it isn't anything political.:cool:
On a side note today but equally disturbing, the government is making a play to go in and monitor news organizations. Is this a good idea? Especially when they are the ones that issue the network licenses.
Why the FCC should keep its nose out of TV newsrooms | Fox News

Does the Obama administration realize its multi-pronged flirtation with fascism has bloomed into a longterm relationship?