CDL License protection plans

noneya

Active Expediter
I would like to know if those CDL protection memberships are worth the money. Do they really work? Do they really get citations (speeding tickets) thrown out so no points goes on your license? I came across one called: Open Road Drivers Plan. I am considering getting this one as I got into a little legal situation last night. If any of you have had any experience with this program and others like it, your feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I know the last situation I was in I called OOIDA.
The people they recommended wanted $750 with no guarantees..

I wrote the prosecutor a nice letter and we set up a phone conference.

He dropped my case.

My last ow ticket was handled the same way and thrown out.

Arkansas and Missouri. :)

Had I gone to college I wanted to be a lawyer.

Last edited:

noneya

Active Expediter
$750!!!!! Wow, that's expensive at least you got it thrown out. The membership that I spoke of only want $38 a month. Can you give me some pointers on what to put in a letter to them to get a speeding ticket dropped?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
A speeding ticket is tough.
Maybe others can help.

If Radar, I've seen lawyers ask for proof of calibration. And proof of training for the officer.
I don't have speeding issues, so I'm not well versed.

If you show up for court, and for some reason the officer doesn't it'll generally get thrown out.

Any proof that you weren't speeding ?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And you don't have to pay speeding tickets issued by state troopers on an Indian reserve....that is sovereign land

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It probably isn't any help in this case, but a speeding ticket of 1-5 mph is not subject to CSA points, either. I think because the speedometers cannot be guaranteed for accuracy any closer than that.

MissKat

Expert Expediter
We always had Interstate Trucker (atty Jim Klepper) on retainer. Had an overweight ticket 4600 lbs on drives, felony, they got it dropped and the fine reduced from $5000 to $1100 and monthly payments. Cost to me: $600. They took two years and made the Dunsmuir scales the bad guy (tractor trailer, sealed load, paper rolls shift).

Careless driving in Flemington, NJ. Got a trailer tandem hungup on a hill blocking one lane of traffic. They got the careless driving changed to illegal parking. Fine reduced from $540 to $86. They cost $120.

Husband received following too close and reckless driving bobtailing in Oregon. Major problem for a CDL holder. They charged us $120 and hired a hotshot local attorney that hated the ciry cops. Reckless driving dropped, fine reduced from $600 to $120, record expunged.

Speeding in CA 5 over, plane radar. Paid them $120 and they got fine reduced $200 and 1 point dropped.

You can pay them by the month $13 or by the event. They are well worth it. Piece of mind, and they hire ace lawyers who know the local court system that generate the tickets.

They can prolong the case so the officer can nver show up in court as well.

Interstate Trucker (the black and white ad) Ji Klepper, Tulsa OK.

There were other issues we had to hire them for over the nine years we drove, but EVERY time they helped our situation.

Kat

noneya

Active Expediter
We always had Interstate Trucker (atty Jim Klepper) on retainer. Had an overweight ticket 4600 lbs on drives, felony, they got it dropped and the fine reduced from $5000 to $1100 and monthly payments. Cost to me: $600. They took two years and made the Dunsmuir scales the bad guy (tractor trailer, sealed load, paper rolls shift).

Careless driving in Flemington, NJ. Got a trailer tandem hungup on a hill blocking one lane of traffic. They got the careless driving changed to illegal parking. Fine reduced from $540 to $86. They cost $120.

Husband received following too close and reckless driving bobtailing in Oregon. Major problem for a CDL holder. They charged us $120 and hired a hotshot local attorney that hated the ciry cops. Reckless driving dropped, fine reduced from $600 to $120, record expunged.

Speeding in CA 5 over, plane radar. Paid them $120 and they got fine reduced $200 and 1 point dropped.

You can pay them by the month $13 or by the event. They are well worth it. Piece of mind, and they hire ace lawyers who know the local court system that generate the tickets.

They can prolong the case so the officer can nver show up in court as well.

Interstate Trucker (the black and white ad) Ji Klepper, Tulsa OK.

There were other issues we had to hire them for over the nine years we drove, but EVERY time they helped our situation.

Kat

Do you pay Interstate trucker monthly or pay per situation?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using EO Forums mobile app

noneya

Active Expediter
It probably isn't any help in this case, but a speeding ticket of 1-5 mph is not subject to CSA points, either. I think because the speedometers cannot be guaranteed for accuracy any closer than that.

Yes, he got me for going 5 over on a 55 zone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using EO Forums mobile app

MissKat

Expert Expediter
The first three years we paid by the event and as we went into California more and more we paid monthly. The per event fee was a flat fee then.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Were you really doing 60 in a 55 ?
Or more and he was nice enough to only write you for 5 over ?
Did he overlook something else, letting you off with only 5 over ?

It's really none of our business,just curious about a cop even noticing 60 in a 55.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If your right foot causes you to speed, cut it off and cast it upon the scrap tire heap. It is better for you to enter the Big Road Of Life maimed than with two feet and taking the exit ramp to Hell, where the scale house never closes. Book Of Marmon, page 126.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It does, but it shouldn't happen often enough that you need to pay $38 a month.

speeding is speeding, and a rolling stop is just that....Illegal....you are guilty...just because you get off doesn't mean you are a safe driver or anything...just means you can afford a lawyer and are in the OJ category of buying your justice......