Catalyst Injection System...Does it work????

EasyDoesIt

Active Expediter
I took it that he said he would show proof as well as install the system for free in any 6 vehicles of your choosing. He would record pre installation numbers, video tape the installation and record the the numbers again after the test. I would do it if it included a written warranty on my engine and they removed it for free if I didn't want it.

Last edited:

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah thats a fifteen grand wager for a truck engine. I'd get them to gaurantee the motor.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
My daughters numbers are probably a result of good maint,terrain,off peak hours driving,and good driving habits.
Earlier models didn't have as much emmision garbage.

jt1980a

Active Expediter
So, the question still stands. Does it work (not that i care all that much bout emmissuons), but, is the engibe reliable and provide GOOD power? As far as I'm concerned black smoke is cool and if birds drop from the sky when i hit the gas pedal, well..... guess I ain't no animal activist.

Wait a minute? What is catalyst injection anyway? Are we talking about DEF? Aghast, who cares? Buy a cummins and u don't have to worry!

Monty

Expert Expediter
Seems to me he has called folks out on the "snake oil" comment ... I'm bothered about the claims also, but I have no truck anymore.

I'll be waiting for a full report from those of you that take the offer ..... if you decide to pass, it's like voting .. you have no skin in the game ...... shut up! ;)

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's not correct, he has responded to my request. I called Casey and spent some time on the phone asking questions. He assured me he had insurance in place in case of an engine failure (which I was assured never happens) and he did send me the unit and the fluids that it uses. I just haven't had time to spend installing it yet. I am planning on installing it this weekend if I get close enough to home. For further info, I have a 2006 Chevrolet Express with the 4.8 engine. I now get 17.5 mpg if I drive below 73 mph and 16.5 mpg if I run hard at 80+ mph. I will install the kit this weekend and give you a follow up later next week. He claims it only takes about 30 minutes to install and that I will get an immediate fuel increase spike, then it will settle into where it will remain. He claims with my truck that I should see 23 mpg during the initial period and settle into the low 20 mpg after its been used for a while. If its true, I calculated the fuel savings, with the cost of his fluid, and I should save between $900 and $1,200 every 30,000 miles. That's a lot of savings and the fluid costs about $160 I believe for 30,000 miles worth. Let's see what happens before throwing this product under the bus!

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sure will. I'll report the good and the bad. With the increasing fuel prices it should save me even more fuel money, if it lives up to their claims.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Aside from the "in-depth technical analysis" being more marketing prose and containing no technical analysis whatsoever, there are several things about the claims, and the Web site, that bother me a great deal. One is there is no contact information and no "about us" page, no names of the people who run the company, which are usually found on pages about products that have nothing to hide. The Web site is registered by GoDaddy.com via DomainsByProxy, which is the SOP for not wanting to be easily tracked down, as all site owner and contact information are hidden. DomainsByProxy is a service designed specifically to hide that information.

Another is the claim of "3-5 points higher octane level for improved power and acceleration" is troublesome, since higher octane reduces engine pinging, but has less power (BTU energy) than lower octane. It will not increase fuel economy or boost power, nor will it improve acceleration unless you have an engine ping to begin with.

Finally, I am both troubled and amused by the use on the Web site's "Trivia Time" section where it relates the infamous Joel Robinson story. It states "the U.S. Consumer Protection Agency challenged his [Joel Robinson] claims about the effectiveness of the Catalyst Injection System (then known as the “Gasaver”)." One problem is there is not, nor has there ever been, an agency of the federal government by that name. The Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Consumer Protection is what it's called. But the other problem is it wasn't the BCP that challenged Robinson's claim, it was the US Postal Service. They charged mail fraud. The "Trivia Time" section also claims that "after a 5-year battle, a federal judge ruled that “independent testing shows greater fuel savings with the Gasaver than the 22% claimed by its developer,” and even reimbursed Mr. Robinson for his legal expenses!" Yet no one, even after all this time, has been able to verify this claim with actual court records. The story at the Web site and elsewhere seem to be eluding to a legal ruling from 1983/1985 (it is not clear which) when someone called Joel Robinson supposedly won a case against the government on a technicality and was awarded $22000 in legal fees. But very little about the case can be found anywhere on the Internet, certainly nothing reliable.

Several years ago, the state of Texas got a court order to stop Joel Robinson from making claims that the Gas Saver (the original name for the Pro Fuel Saver) can increase mileage by 22 percent. He also had to pay the state $10,000.

And Canada recently went after the men who were selling the Gas Saver there.
They were fined $100,000.

The EPA has tested hundreds of these fuel saving products, and not one offers any fuel savings that add up to more than the cost of the device. Not one. Most do nothing at all, and the few that work save less fuel than will keeping your tires properly inflated and using a light foot on the accelerator and the brake.

The whole story is so vague, old and unrepeated as not to add up to very much at all. You have to ask yourself why do we not have something far more concrete and verifiable for something that is 35 years old? If there are 1000 frauds except this one, then this one should certainly stand out and be nearly a household name. Why have motor manufacturers not picked up on this miracle in all that time? Because it is a load of crap, that's why.

You know the old saying, and it works for an unproven 35 year old oft renamed product as well as a new one, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I'd want to see details of independent studies by the likes of the EPA, especially since they're the ones who mandated the same platinum injection process in catalytic converters, rather than mandate it in the engine itself.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sure will. I'll report the good and the bad. With the increasing fuel prices it should save me even more fuel money, if it lives up to their claims.

Slowing down will save you money too. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If it gives you an initial big spike in mpg then why can't that be maintained? It's nonsensical.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
If it gives you an initial big spike in mpg then why can't that be maintained? It's nonsensical.

The initial spike is probably because you start driving for mpg and follow the directions then after awhile you just start returning to normal driving habits. A lot of these types of devices come with directions that advise you not to idle or hit the pedal to hard to extend the life of the device.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Mdbtyhtr

Expert Expediter
I would think that the initial spike is due to cleaning the combustion chamber by de-carboning it, to include injector nozzles and once clean, the engine normalizes. It is like high flow air filters, the volume of air in normal driving conditions will never require the volume available, and therefore, no significant benefit other than believing you have more power.

Scott

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Scott, you hit it perfectly. That's exactly the reason they gave me for the milage spike in the beginning.

cubevanman

Active Expediter
I installed and use the bullydog gt gas tuner in my truck. And it has given me a mile per gallon increase. It changes the shift points with the increase of the engine load. It also increases or retards the timing for optimal fuel usage. But the best part for me is that it allows me to observe my driving habits on a few different perspectives. It works for me.

OldGuy

Active Expediter
A vacuum gauge would be more effective than a multi-hundred dollar device. Keep the gauge reading high and you'll save fuel.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I installed and use the bullydog gt gas tuner in my truck. And it has given me a mile per gallon increase. It changes the shift points with the increase of the engine load. It also increases or retards the timing for optimal fuel usage. But the best part for me is that it allows me to observe my driving habits on a few different perspectives. It works for me.

Devices that change shift points will improve mpg by a little but it will extend the transmission life because it doesn't allow the transmission to slip as much.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums