Cat Eyes

R

riverrat

most freightliner dealerships and somewhere around a hundred bucks

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I know I've seen them in the truck stops and I'm think at Speedco also.

On a side note:
Copied from a TeamCaffee post:
Pressure Pro or Doran Air Monitoring System We added this monitoring system when we added the super single tires. We are hoping this will warn us if we drop below 12 ½ percent of air pressure loss and then an emergency warning is 25 percent loss of air pressure. We have a sensor for each wheel, an antenna and a monitor screen 600.00

It looks as though this would be as economical and useful. But, if memory serves me correctly, you had this on the KW expediter?

Reactions: 1 person

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
You are correct yes I did. I am now in a Tractor Trailer sold the little KW.

System worked well, draw back I did not like was when the Temps drop to around 0 system Warning Goes off in Middle of the night. Great for Warning system, over do for just wanting to keep tires at correct pressure. Cat Eyes seems like a worthy investment for the job.

Thanks, Speedco or Freight Dealers.

P.S. I think Speedco for $10.00 will check and fill all tires so I could go in get this done and get the Cat's.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
go to the truck show next month and they will be at the truck show and be able to get at a better price,

also think they may have a web site
they work great had them on my fl60 and star
on this sprinter have system on value that tells you when you have low tire pressue
worth the money for peace of mind

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
whats nice about cat eyes,you can fill both tires with air,or nitrogen,which ever you use,at the same time.With nitrogen,you get a more stable tire pressure,and less loss during the month.,also tires will run cooler and last longer.

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
I know it has been previously posted but what is the cost to fill tires with nitrogen and how available?

Thanks

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Should be no more than about $5 a tire. That's the most I'd pay for the Sprinter or a passenger car. Might be more than that for truck tires, but I'd shop around, 'cause if it's much more than $5 even for a truck tire, they're charging too much (for a passenger, Sprinter, light truck, the nitrogen costs them about $0.40 a tire, for trucks probably $0.60). Most places that have it, put it in for free when you buy the tires, and will usually not charge anything more at rotation time for it.

Dunn Tire, Bell Tire, Tire Discounters, Costco. I keep hearing about truck stops, but I dunno.