Carrier Reefers TCUs

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just for your information Carriers Reefers on Trailers are realy hard on the Fan Clutches.
The Norm Service Life of one is 12 - 14 months. Depending on how much they are usedThis is due to the High Heat given off from the coils it sits in front of.

The normal price for one is 500.00

In the 4 years I was on another truck that reefer went through 3 Fan Clutches.

Food for thought:
When a PM is done on the reefer make sure they pull the Plastic form Back off it inside the reefer trailer and clean out the Drains and the coils and they also check the probes the Return and the Supply as well.

Thats apart of the PM as well.

Many may not no it but thanks to Wayne Jersa in 2005 Ive known it since then.
Teachings never forgotten.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just for your information Carriers Reefers on Trailers are realy hard on the Fan Clutches.
The Norm Service Life of one is 12 - 14 months. Depending on how much they are usedThis is due to the High Heat given off from the coils it sits in front of.

The normal price for one is 500.00

In the 4 years I was on another truck that reefer went through 3 Fan Clutches.

Food for thought:
When a PM is done on the reefer make sure they pull the Plastic form Back off it inside the reefer trailer and clean out the Drains and the coils and they also check the probes the Return and the Supply as well.

Thats apart of the PM as well.

Many may not no it but thanks to Wayne Jersa in 2005 Ive known it since then.
Teachings never forgotten.

I just had mine replaced. It was over 3 years old. Maybe I got lucky for a change.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I just had mine replaced. It was over 3 years old. Maybe I got lucky for a change.

Are you a tractor Trailer or Straight Truck?

Thats the issue. The Trailer Fan Clutches Bearings wear out sooner due to the heat.

They have since made a new clutch heaver duty supposedly and it was just put in the unite Im pulliing.

Like I said they wear out from the heat The bearings.
they get cooked.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are you a tractor Trailer or Straight Truck?

Thats the issue. The Trailer Fan Clutches Bearings wear out sooner due to the heat.

They have since made a new clutch heaver duty supposedly and it was just put in the unite Im pulliing.

Like I said they wear out from the heat The bearings.
they get cooked.

We are a straight

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Fan clutch?

You sure you are talking about the fan clutch and not the compressor clutch?

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
NO GREG THE FAN CLUTCH AND BEARING THAT ARE ON A CARRIER TRAILER REEFER. THAT ARE BY THE COILS OUTSIDE.

AND YES GREG THERE IS A COUPLER ASSEMBLY THAT DRIVES A BELT THAT SITS BETWEEN THE COMPRESSOR AND THE kABOTA ENGINE BUT THATS A WHOLE NOTHER THREAD.
ON A CARRIER UNITE.
NOW THERO KING THEY ARE a DIRECT DRIVE.

PEACE.

Last edited: