Cargo vans/Sprinters not welcome at Flying J in Houston

guido4475

Not a Member
And like most others , you're probably full of bovine scatology about how much you make too.. I can prove mine !!

Usually when people are making money, they are happy, in a good mood, or easy to get along with. Lack of money will usually bring bad moods, un happiness, or just plain miserable.

For the most part, ever since you have been on here, you have been that of a negative poster. I am thinking you are having alot of, or going through alot of problems, and taking it out on me, and others as well, using E.O. and it's members as you're personal punching bag.

There are other means as to reduce stress.

Do I make good money? Absolutely. Can I prove it? Any kind of number you can think of, I've got it. Everything is broken down to how much it actually costs me per mile.Gas, maint, tolls, showers, insurance, food, even the ice for my cooler. I try to be productive while waiting for a load in different ways. You should try it sometimes. It may make you a better and more productive person as well.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Taking bets as to how long it will be 'til the ol' padlock gets thrown on this thread. I'll be back on Friday, figure it'll be locked by then. Any takers?

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
I'm surprised that no one has jumped on the little guy's wording...he's trying to say "probably full of bovine scat..." but in saying "full of bovine scatology..." he's actually said that guido is full of studying bovine scat, which is, well, true, in the sense that guido has studied the little guy being so full of it and responded accordingly.

**takes a deep bow with a wave and flourish of his exp-o-diter's cap***

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Back when I had a van, God Knows the evil deeds that were carried out in that Van, If my Mom only knew what went on behind the HAPPY curtains she made me, the illegal substances, the women of the night, the boozing and oh this is about a Vanner Shipper....well I think they look like Nice folks....seems like knee Jerk reaction anyway, but if you have no clear markings as to be a shipper etc they might feel your just a transient homeless beggar drug dealer pimp vanner....

Hate for anyone to be kicked outta there but I personally wont stay at any Houston Truckstop cuz theres too many weird, vanner types....Just kidding fellas.....LOL...

Callico

Active Expediter
I have all WalMart stores programed on my Garmin. I delivered in Downers Grove early Sunday morning and did a search for WalMarts in the area. Every nearby WalMart that was listed showed NOP. I had never seen that before. I googled "WalMart NOP" and found out it means NO OVERNIGHT PARKING. Learn something new every day. I moved on.

In WalMar's defense, the reason you cannot park overnight at the Darien WalMart on 75th street is a village ordinance, not WalMart's policy. Darien did everything they could to to keep WalMart from opening that store and has limited their signage and a good many functions you can find at other WalMarts.

Jerry

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
I wonder if it would be possible to put together a sign holder for each side of the van, and to have multiple signs if you drive for more than one company. Of course none of these signs are permanent, but they could be made to contain all the information the sign has to have, including company logos. If you have freight onboard and you're stopped for a paper check (it's happened to me once, many years ago) having the proper signs on your van goes a long way in the right direction to make things a little easier.
Alumininum (picture frame type) easy mount with rivit. just hinge one side to open with a little locking mechanism. similar to the one s that hold hazmat signs but in a square form.