Cargo Vans Again

What kind of van do you drive (please no sprinters)

• Ford

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • Chevy

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • GMC

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dodge

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • 1/2 ton

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 3/4 ton

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • 1 ton

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • Extended

Votes: 33 73.3%
  • Raised Roof and Doors

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Former Passanger van

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Now to make it perfectly clear this is what I am looking for. I would like anyone who drives a van (NOT A SPRINTER, STRAIGHT, OR TT) to take the poll and maybe even make a post about what type of van they have. Others may post as well but PLEASE do not take the poll.

Thank you for your cooperation :D

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I think you forgot the poll :p

I am currently a company driver driving a ford e250 and e350, Chevy Express ext and Chevy Astro
I drive em all :D

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Sorry was in the middle of doing this when I got a call for a run and had to put it on hold. Will try to add the poll now. :eek:

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
We're not van owners so i won't participate in your poll.. however, I would be interested to know how many are driving gassers or diesel.
When the poll is finished, is there a way you could post the results, as they can't be seen unless you actually participate in the poll.
Thanks!

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Having personally owned a Chevy van with the 6.5 diesel, I probably would not buy another Chevy diesel. Maybe the Duramax is better but I personally think the Ford 7.3 is a better engine.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
STILL AN '04
STILL THE 4.6 REPL JASPER ENGINE WITH WILDLY VARINY MILEAGE 14-18 DEPENDING ON TERRAIN, SPEED, WIND SPEED, WIND DIRECTION AND LOADED WEIGHT.
still the viaga edition:)....look at all those caps. not changin'em

breeze

Seasoned Expediter
hay i have a 3500 chevy gasser 16 mpg 375000 miles on her 2002 not extended thats not good and i bought it when my sprinter broke the second cranckshaft. that dame sprinter is trying to break me but now i have a bran new WAYNE RODD rebuild with a year and a halfwarrinty. now i need a good driver for it.i stilllike sprinters but .

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Chev. 3500 6.0 extended getting 16.7-19.2 depending on variables with about 17.3 as a reliable calculating number.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Leo, how do you calculate your mpg? Do you record fill to fill or have an on-board (factory or add-on) computer?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I mostly use the factory mpg monitor but do calculate my own now and then. When I do it myself that includes the Onan in the result so it's lower than the actual driving mpg. I've compared numbers when the Onan didn't run and get results that are less than .2 mpg difference so while it may not be my exact mpg it's close enough for government work.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I drive a one ton extended Dodge van 3500,2002,277k miles on original engine, which was by design made to haul people, so I took the seats out, put down plywood and such, and off I went, ps,,it was paid for anyway collecting dust so why buy a new van. works for me, 16mpg on a good day.....................:D

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
2006 e350 super duty 5.4 Gasser with 207,000 miles on it. Original motor, transmission and rear end. Runs like a champ and gets 12mpg fully loaded while pulling a 5000 pound 16 foot box trailer. 17 MPG with a light load and no trailer.

Synthetic oil and k&n filters ALWAYS.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm on my second Chevrolet 3500. I chose the GM product because of the long wheelbase, 155 inches.